Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra-Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Hi,

I have successfully got a pc put together and working.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra-Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Using Intel Graphics for time-being
HardDrives: 1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD (fresh out the box), 1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB (fresh out the box)

I created the USB drive to install High Sierra, I managed to get to the installer but in Disk Utility, I cant see my hard drives. I have used IOATAFamily.kext and SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext but still to no avail. I have also enabled AHCI in BIOS.

Any help?

Thanks

Hi,

HardDrives: 1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD (fresh out the box), 1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB (fresh out the box)

I created the USB drive to install High Sierra, I managed to get to the installer but in Disk Utility, I cant see my hard drives. I have used IOATAFamily.kext and SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext but still to no avail. I have also enabled AHCI in BIOS.

Any help?

Thanks
I have a similar set up and similar issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Hi,

Any help?

Thanks

Hi! Maybe similar problem with me ... See my post : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...work-high-sierra-on-mobo-ga-z270m-d3h.234676/

I have a similar set up and similar issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks

I ended up installing sierra instead. But u guess it cold possibly be a corrupt installer.

Your in a better position to get macOS High Sierra now so back that up and follow Tonymacx86 guide here to update directly to macOS High Sierra on your machine.

P.S. I'm having an issue where my Pen drive installer is not seeing some drive's so you might want to keep an eye on my post here in case someone solves that issue for us.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was fixed but it happened to me and I figured out why. I used the same thumb drive to install El Capitan, Sierra , then High Sierra. Problem is when you delete the drive it doesn't delete the EFI partition. So when you made a new Unibeast install it kept the old files from EFI and just wrote ontop of some so it messed everything up. I found I had to literally delete the entire thumb drive by using Disk Utility and then show all drives and perform an erase on the drive not just the partition and it worked like a charm. Hope it helps.

Hi,

Any help?

Thanks

I ran into the same issues with my SSD - luckily I had a USB 3.0 enclosure. I connected it on one of my ports during installation and made sure that the "Views" weren't hiding the drives in Disk Utilities and it appeared. I was able to erase and format to GPT for a clean install. Good Luck mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back