Contribute
Register

High Sierra Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried what was written but no result. I guess we'll have to wait for a fix pack for this for a while. :(
for the sake of getting your machine to run/install macOS, remove your unsupported nvidia card and use your Intel card

you can also upgrade to latest version of macOS if you desire

for the sake of getting your machine to run/install macOS, remove your unsupported nvidia card and use your Intel card

you can also upgrade to latest version of macOS if you desire
This is not a good solution for me. Because I need to use windows actively. If I remove the video card, I cannot use the adobe programs that I need to use. I guess I have to wait for a fix.

And what your think about fix? Is it possible to resolve this issue with a fix file or like that?

This is not a good solution for me. Because I need to use windows actively. If I remove the video card, I cannot use the adobe programs that I need to use. I guess I have to wait for a fix.

And what your think about fix? Is it possible to resolve this issue with a fix file or like that?
use intel graphics and create a SSDT to disable the card:

Thanks for your help but it too complicated for me :( I'm very newbie to Mac OS

use intel graphics and create a SSDT to disable the card:
hello again,
will i use both internal and external video card without disconnecting hdmi cable? Or will I have to change the video card during OS transitions?

hello again,
will i use both internal and external video card without disconnecting hdmi cable? Or will I have to change the video card during OS transitions?
you would plug the cable direct to motherboard as you will be disabling the unsupported nvidia card with the above patch

I just reset the NVRAM on my High Sierra Install by pressing F11 at Clover boot menu. It rebooted automatically, then booted using my GPU. Tried opening the nvidia download package from downloads page here, (which I used dozens of times).

Now Im getting an

The app’s authorization has been revoked​

message, and it won't let me open to install my nvidia driver.

What gives? I've never seen this before?

MODERATOR EDIT 2022-06-05:
Solution for working NVIDIA drivers available here:

Does the solution work? If its, how i can do it with opencore?

Does the solution work? If its, how i can do it with opencore?
no idea, I do not have a nvidia card to test

it appears to work for some though

although you would be better in removing the nvidia card from your machine and use your intel graphics

then you can install macOS Monterey

no idea, I do not have a nvidia card to test

it appears to work for some though

although you would be better in removing the nvidia card from your machine and use your intel graphics

then you can install macOS Monterey
If I use the GPU of the CPU, won't programs like ps, ai, corel draw, after effect, premiere run slower?

If I use the GPU of the CPU, won't programs like ps, ai, corel draw, after effect, premiere run slower?
probably but you can easily test this yourself

either that or purchase a compatible AMD card, nvidia's time on mac has pretty much come to an end now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back