Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix B360-F
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700
Graphics
Asus Strix Gtx 950
Hello dear forum members,
I've been trying to install hackintosh high sierra for a while. When I installed with clover before, my only problem was that the system froze after 5 minutes. Now I'm trying to install with open core, but "this version of osx is not supported on this platform!" I am taking. (note: I changed the .plist to coffee lake). First of all, my question is; "Which version should I use?"

If possible, I would be very grateful if you could create an efi suitable for my system.

my system;
Asus Rog Strix B360-F
Intel Core i7 8700
Asus Strix GTX 950
256GB M2 SSD,
250GB SSD,
1TB HDD
32GB (16x2) 3200MHz DDR4

Hello dear forum members,
I've been trying to install hackintosh high sierra for a while. When I installed with clover before, my only problem was that the system froze after 5 minutes. Now I'm trying to install with open core, but "this version of osx is not supported on this platform!" I am taking. (note: I changed the .plist to coffee lake). First of all, my question is; "Which version should I use?"

If possible, I would be very grateful if you could create an efi suitable for my system.

my system;
Asus Rog Strix B360-F
Intel Core i7 8700
Asus Strix GTX 950
256GB M2 SSD,
250GB SSD,
1TB HDD
32GB (16x2) 3200MHz DDR4

Hi there.

Your problem might actually be the System-Definition you are using.

Your hardware is fine with the exception of the GTX 950 GPU, as the Nvidia web-drivers may have stopped working since 1st June.

So check that definition first off ...

:)

Hello again,

First of all, thank you for your interest.
You may be right when you say, but after June 1, I was able to install with clover. So I think the problem must be elsewhere. What do you think? :)

Hello again,

First of all, thank you for your interest.
You may be right when you say, but after June 1, I was able to install with clover. So I think the problem must be elsewhere. What do you think? :)
iMac18,3 for High Sierra

Hello,
I don't have enough experience with this, so if I read these instructions for months, I could probably only make half a config file. :) Could you please create a config for me?
not really, hackintoshing is a learning curve, if i were to create a config for you and something went wrong in a few weeks or months or you wanted to do an update of opencore, you wouldn't know where to start to try and fix it or to update it

just read the guide a few times and then try it out, if you get stuck then upload your files here and we can then try and help you

Hello,
I don't have enough experience with this, so if I read these instructions for months, I could probably only make half a config file. :) Could you please create a config for me?
you could use this EFI as a base:

change smbios to:
iMac18,3

and set your bios:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

not really, hackintoshing is a learning curve, if i were to create a config for you and something went wrong in a few weeks or months or you wanted to do an update of opencore, you wouldn't know where to start to try and fix it or to update it

just read the guide a few times and then try it out, if you get stuck then upload your files here and we can then try and help you
Thanks for help. I clearly installed. But when I try to update driver list with opencore app, I get "apfs_module_stop:1316" error when restart the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back