Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A M5
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
R9 380 (4GB)
I'm trying to do a clean install of High Sierra on my desktop. I created the usb drive with unibeast, and followed a bunch of other tutorials on installing various MacOS versions with my motherboard. As of right now, the install process gets killed and hangs, then about 10 minutes later, the screen goes white/grey and is empty.

I believe the error is in the line Endpoint has ben activated through legacy launch(3) APIS. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper, but I couldn't find much to solve it. I think the issue might be related to using an r9380 since I used the unibeast tool and never specified anything about it. I can't use the integrated graphics since both my monitors are DVI-D only, so I'm suck using the r9380 for this.

message 2.jpg error message.jpg
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Bios Settings:
XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
VT-d > Disabled
XMP > Enabled
CFG Lock > Disabled
IO Serial Port > Disabled

System Specs:
MB: MSI Z170A M5
CPU: i7 6600k
GPU: R9 380 Sapphire (4GB)
SAMSUNG EVO 512GB SSD
16GB Crucial RAM

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I included them in the post originally, but will also add them to my profile.

I included them in the post originally, but will also add them to my profile.
The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile rather than some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you listed it.
Please add your Motherboard or pre-built system (Mobo), Processor (CPU) and Graphics to your profile. TIA

The rules specify that the hardware should be in your profile rather than some random place of your own choosing.
This way potential helpers can see instantly what you have without having to scroll back to see if/where you listed it.
Please add your Motherboard or pre-built system (Mobo), Processor (CPU) and Graphics to your profile. TIA

Understood and done.

I did, but it didn't change the error.
Try the forum Search tool using your motherboard spec as a search term to see if you can find a build guide.

I've been searching and trying various tutorials. I found this one that seems to imply that I need to use the integrated graphics in order to get the install working. This doesn't seem right to me. I know the newer macs are using the rx series graphics cards, so I would assume that there is some sort of support for booting from amd cards in general.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and can verify if its true (I commented on that thread, but its ~2 years old, so I'm not holding my breath for a reply)?

I've been searching and trying various tutorials. I found this one that seems to imply that I need to use the integrated graphics in order to get the install working. This doesn't seem right to me. I know the newer macs are using the rx series graphics cards, so I would assume that there is some sort of support for booting from amd cards in general.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and can verify if its true (I commented on that thread, but its ~2 years old, so I'm not holding my breath for a reply)?

You're right about your graphics card support and about its native support. However, you must understand that you are not using an Apple motherboard, nor an Apple bios for your GPU.

Also, you must understand that the installer does not include the same drivers as the OS itself. The installer has much less support and is much more "lightweight" from what I know.

It's not because you must install without your GPU that it wont work afterward :)

Anyway, if I were you, I would not remove yet your GPU. I would try adding latest Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, and also make sure Inject AMD is not enabled.

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu

PS: WhateverGreen is useless without Lilu, and Lilu is useless alone. So you must try with both installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back