Graphics
Gigabyte GTX750Ti OC, 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, I'm really desperate...
I got my hackintosh running for years (first under Mountain Lion, Maverick, Yosemite and last El Capitan). Now I bought a new SSD (500GB) and wanted to install macOS Sierra. And nothing works:
I installed Sierra via UniBeast. But the Post-Installation with MultiBeast doesn't work:
- I cannot start the EFI Boot from SSD. There are two Mac OS Entries in the Bootloader
- So I always start it from USB
- No Sound, even though I checked the Realtek ALC892 kext in Multibeast
- I cannot enable my graphics card (Gigabyte GTX 750Ti). I installed the nVidia web driver and checked the Nvidia Webdriver Bootflag in Multibeast. The graphics card is not detected in the nVidia Webdriver.
- If I enable the PCI graphic card in the BIOS it results in a kernel panic while booting.

I had the same issue with not getting into the Clover UEFI while the installation of El Capitan, i fixed it with a roundabout with a Linux distribution and some programming. I wish I could fix it with Clover or something else this time.

my mainboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4
my processor: Intel i7 3770
my graphic card: Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, 4GB

I tried it now for a week to get it back running. All the forum searches didn't work out. So this is my first post, in hope you guys can help me :)

Cheers,
Andy

I cannot start the EFI Boot from SSD.
This is the issue that you should solve first.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Hey P1LGRIM,

thanks for your fast reply and help :) Unfortunately it didn't work: the Bootloader don't recognize the EFI Partition of the SSD I think. There are only two Mac OS X entries, but when I select them I come back to the Bootloader :(

Attachments

• IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 270
Hey P1LGRIM,

thanks for your fast reply and help :) Unfortunately it didn't work: the Bootloader don't recognize the EFI Partition of the SSD I think. There are only two Mac OS X entries, but when I select them I come back to the Bootloader :(
Maybe this thread might help you.

Okay, I fixed the UEFI Bootloader with my Windows Installation and Easy UEFI. Just deleted the old entries and made a new one with the directory to Clover64.efi. I installed the nVidia Webdriver and SUDA Driver now and encountered the next issue:
- macOS Sierra boots now from SSD
- macOS Sierra boots now with the graphic card as primary display
- ISSUE: have some glitches in the Welcome/LogIn Screen
- ISSUE: the Nvidia web driver didn't recognize the graphic card in the pci-e slot
- ISSUE: the resolution of the display is very low and it's recognize as a 17" and not as 24"
- ISSUE: in "About this Mac" the graphic card is named Nvidia Chip Model 3 MB

Attachments

• IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 253
- ISSUE: have some glitches in the Welcome/LogIn Screen
- ISSUE: the Nvidia web driver didn't recognize the graphic card in the pci-e slot
- ISSUE: the resolution of the display is very low and it's recognize as a 17" and not as 24"
- ISSUE: in "About this Mac" the graphic card is named Nvidia Chip Model 3 MB
BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Hey guys, hello P1LGRIM,

I fixed the graphic issues today!
For those who care:
- Set the internal Graphics (Intel HD4000) as primary in BIOS
- made a clean Install of macOS Sierra 10.12.6
- booted Windows and edited the UEFI-Boot-Settings with Easy UEFI (somehow UniBeast didn't wrote the right directory to cloverx64.efi)
- installed some things with Multibeast (Drivers>Misc>FakeSMC; Drivers>USB>7/8/9 Series USB Support; Drivers>USB>3rd Party USB3 Support; Customize>Graphic Configuration>NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag)
- No NullCPUManagement?! Worked fine without it, but I read a lot, it should be necessary.
- Installed Web Driver
- Restart
- Installed CUDA Driver
- Edit the cloverconfig.plist turned Graphics>Inject Intel off
- Restart
- Set PCI-E (GTX750 Ti) as primary in BIOS
- WORKS!

Next issue, but not so important for me:
- The ALC892 kext from Multibeast doesn't work. So there is no Sound from the internal sound card. Since this Hackintosh is made for working in a recording studio, it has another sound card, which works perfectly. Anyways would be nice to see (and hear) everything running. So any clues how to fix the ALC892 problem?

- I installed the ALC892 driver with Multibeast, didn't work. How can I deinstall it now? Don't want to mess everything again.

Some further (little) Issue:
- The booting time in the apple screen with the loading bar is really high. Any ideas to optimize this?

P.S. Thanks a lot P1lGRIM for your support through the last days!

Cheers,
Andy

The ALC892 kext from Multibeast doesn't work. So there is no Sound from the internal sound card. Since this Hackintosh is made for working in a recording studio, it has another sound card, which works perfectly. Anyways would be nice to see (and hear) everything running. So any clues how to fix the ALC892 problem?
For assistance with Audio you should post in the Audio forum.
Read the 'sticky' guides first and be sure to comply with the Problem Reporting instructions or you will not get any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back