Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pytas can you please have a look at this? i can't get the laptop to boot with accelerated graphics followed everything from here and in this post but still dosen't boot

Hello everyone,

After 2 Days of trying to patch DSDT files, I have only fail...
it's so hard, I think my brain is getting out of my head for seeking a better life in the sky :crazy:

Someone can help me for this plz ?
Many many thanks :oops:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 57
Hello everyone,

it's so hard, I think my brain is getting out of my head for seeking a better life in the sky :crazy:

I was getting errors too, i just deleted the lines that showed errors and then i could compile and everything worked

@dragoniil
Thx for the reply, but i'm stuck on the patching procedure, i don't really understand the steps °°

best regards,
parricidium

iasl.zip from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads/
MaciASL from: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/
  1. Open the EFI Mounter app and mount your EFI Folder.
    • 1.1.Go to EFI-Clover-ACPI copy the Origin folder to your Desktop.
  2. Unzip the iasl file if it didn't do so automatically, leave it in the downloads folder.
  3. Open terminal and copy and paste this code in and hit enter:
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    Then copy and paste this code
    Code:
    sudo cp iasl /usr/bin
    Type your password in and hit enter. You won't see anything happen, but as long as you don't get an error, you're fine.
  4. Next type cd (put a space after cd) and then drag and drop the Origin folder from your desktop into Terminal and hit enter.
  5. Copy and paste this code in:
    Code:
    iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
    (You might need to remove the "-da" from that line of code depending on what version of the BIOS you have. If you get errors while disassembling the files remove the -da, try again and you should be good.)
    You will see terminal do a bunch of stuff, as long as you don't get any errors, you're good to go.
  6. Unzip the MaciASL if it wasn't done so automatically.
  7. Open the Origin Folder on your desktop and find the file: DSDT.dsl (There will be 2 DSDT files, the one you need must have the .dsl at the end of it). Open in it in MaciASL.
  8. Once opened in MaciASL click on the Patch button at the top middle of the app.
  9. Copy and paste the patches
  10. Then click on the Compile button and make sure you don't get any errors. If you don't, then move on to saving.
  11. Go to File-Save As in MaciASL and change the save destination to your Desktop and change the File Format to ACPI Machine Language Binary. Make sure the name is just DSDT and click on save.
  12. Navigate to EFI-Clover-ACPI-Patched and copy and paste the new patched DSDT file you just saved to your desktop and copy and paste it into the Patched folder.
  13. Reboot your laptop.

thanks, trying this in the week, many thanks ! :D

Hello everyone,

hello,

try this patch of your clover.
I have removed the other voodooi2c kexts ; you only need voodooi2c kext and the voodooi2chid kext (They will only cause you grief)

I have also included the preloader.efi

so when you start your machine --> press F9 ---> then choose boot from efi--> navigate to where the preloader.efi file is and voila that should be fine to boot instead of using the usb.

Let me know how it goes[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
hello,

try this patch of your clover.
I have removed the other voodooi2c kexts ; you only need voodooi2c kext and the voodooi2chid kext (They will only cause you grief)

I have also included the preloader.efi

so when you start your machine --> press F9 ---> then choose boot from efi--> navigate to where the preloader.efi file is and voila that should be fine to boot instead of using the usb.

Let me know how it goes

Hello Pytas,

MacOS Installer boot normally but the trackpad still not working :(

Keyboard and battery status is ok

maybe it's me and the trackpad don't work in installer in general ?

Best regards,
parricidium.

forget this, I have made a wrong manipulation, re-testing in progress
Many thanks

Nop trackpad still not working :(

hello, try this now.

In your config file --> kernel and kext patch, i have added 2 patches that prevent apples original kext from attaching to your i2c device before your kext gets a chance.

also make sure you ONLY have those two i2c kext i mentioned in the /Library/Extension folder if you do at all.

Let me know how it goes

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back