Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @pytas

Very, many many thanks for your help.

But the touchpad still doesn't work. :oops:

I have also included the preloader.efi

so when you start your machine --> press F9 ---> then choose boot from efi--> navigate to where the preloader.efi file is and voila that should be fine to boot instead of using the usb.

When I follow this, and select Preloader.efi, MacOS installation partition doesn't show, I need to make an GPT partition ? I'm in MBR.

Maybe is the cause, because I have the installation partition when I'm booting normally (with the booting priority)

Best regards,
Parricidium.
(Really, Thanks again)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 65
Hello @pytas

Very, many many thanks for your help.

But the touchpad still doesn't work. :oops:

When I follow this, and select Preloader.efi, MacOS installation partition doesn't show, I need to make an GPT partition ? I'm in MBR.

Maybe is the cause, because I have the installation partition when I'm booting normally (with the booting priority)

Best regards,
Parricidium.
(Really, Thanks again)

Quick question have you installed macos already or are you talking about the installation process?

I think you forgot something in the drivers section

Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

I think you forgot something in the drivers section

Quick question have you installed macos already or are you talking about the installation process?

Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.
@pytas

i'm talking about installation process
ahh ok trackpad wont work for that.
use usb mouse for that process.
Sorry what I was giving you is for final configuration after installation

@pytas

Everything is working, 999k thanks bro ! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last question,
i have Windows installed and MacOS, when i boot, windows boot in priority, and no clover menu, i can only boot with USB Stick, so, i need to install clover on MacOS ?

Best Regards,
Parricidium.

@pytas

Everything is working, 999k thanks bro ! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last question,
i have Windows installed and MacOS, when i boot, windows boot in priority, and no clover menu, i can only boot with USB Stick, so, i need to install clover on MacOS ?

Best Regards,
Parricidium.
yes, you need to install clover to macOS hard drive

@pytas

Ooooooooooooh, i need a USB Hub o_O

Ty ! :D
After installing clover then

I included the preloader.efi in the clover

so when you start your machine --> press F9 ---> then choose boot from efi--> navigate to where the preloader.efi file is and voila that should be fine to boot instead of using the usb.

but if you want to boot without having to press F9, follow this guide;

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support
This guide will walk you through the process of creating a Hackintosh out of a HP Spectre x360 (Kaby Lake Edition) For reference: here is my current configuration: --------------------------------------------------- UEFI BIOS F.34 i5-7200U Intel HD 620 Graphics 512 GB SK hynix PC300 NVME 8...
www.tonymacx86.com
go to step 6

Step 6: Add a boot entry for Clover:

The process to workaround HP’s firmware bug involves loading PreLoader.efi, which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration. We rename CLOVERX64.efi to loader.efi to take advantage of this. Here, we’ll use EasyUEFI to create a menu entry for Clover. We’ll also disable the windows boot entry, since this tends to reduce the frequency with which HP’s firmware decides to reset the boot order.

Here are the steps:
  • Open EasyUEFI, and click on the button labeled “Manage EFI Boot Option”
  • Click on the plus button alongside the list of boot entries to add a new entry
  • Select “Linux or Other OS” in the Type menu
  • Add a description for the boot loader entry, such as “Clover PreLoader”
  • Select the EFI partition on your disk
  • Now click the browse button, and browse to the CLOVER folder and select PreLoader.efi as the file
  • Click OK to add the entry. Use the up and down arrows to set the priority of the boot entry if you’d like
Now, select the Windows boot entry and click the red circle. The status should change to “Disabled”, which will prevent you from booting windows instead of clover on accident (note this step is entirely optional)

Touch screen:

I just discovered this program

it disables the keyboard in case you want to you it in tablet mode

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in the hackintosh world, just started out not long ago. Been stuck on this for quite a while.

My system is a Hp Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with a whiskey-lake i5-8265U with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and 8GB of DDR4 RAM.

I've been trying to get Mojave 10.14.6 running on my HP Spectre x360 for a few days now but I cannot even boot into the installer screen on the USB stick. I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ to create my USB install stick
but i am not sure why i cant boot into the installer screen. Below is the verbose mode after I press "install mac os from install_osx"

Below is also my clover file I put inside the USB thumb drive.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance! Do let me know if I need to provide more info.

Attachments

• 20191016_132711.jpg
    20191016_132711.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 49
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 45
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in the hackintosh world, just started out not long ago. Been stuck on this for quite a while.

My system is a Hp Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with a whiskey-lake i5-8265U with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and 8GB of DDR4 RAM.

I've been trying to get Mojave 10.14.6 running on my HP Spectre x360 for a few days now but I cannot even boot into the installer screen on the USB stick. I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ to create my USB install stick
but i am not sure why i cant boot into the installer screen. Below is the verbose mode after I press "install mac os from install_osx"

Below is also my clover file I put inside the USB thumb drive.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance! Do let me know if I need to provide more info.
use a later version of clover from the downloads section above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back