Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @pytas

After a while I managed to get it to boot in a way you described (esc/f9). GREAT ! Thank you.

I can't get the trackpad (all kexts in) , touchscreen and battery indicator to work though. How did you manage to get it up and running?
Is your touchscreen working?
Are any of the function keys working for you? (brightness, sound etc)

processor, graphics, memory seems to be correctly identified. Sound is working.

Camera, wifi not working. Not sure about sleep yet...

Hi @pytas

After a while I managed to get it to boot in a way you described (esc/f9). GREAT ! Thank you.

I can't get the trackpad (all kexts in) , touchscreen and battery indicator to work though. How did you manage to get it up and running?
Is your touchscreen working?
Are any of the function keys working for you? (brightness, sound etc)

processor, graphics, memory seems to be correctly identified. Sound is working.

Camera, wifi not working. Not sure about sleep yet...
Hello, yes i got everything working except for the things i mentioned

you need to patch you dsdt file to get those working.

lets start with battery and function keys;

From the clover boot page press F2 then f4 and just to be sure press fn +f2, fn +f4

so when you boot in if you go to efi folder / clover/acpi/origin

you will see your dsdt for specific to your machine and bios setting.

open it with MaciAsl you can download that from the forum.

you want to save a copy of it to efi folder / clover/acpi/patched.

then from MaciAsl click on patch.
copy content of battery patch file attached below and compile it to make sure there are no errors then save it.

now copy this SMCBatteryManager.kext and VirtualSMC.kext to efi folder / clover/kext/other

you should already have the kext in the efi folder i sent you.

Now for function keys.

do the same patching on the patched dsdt file now saved in efi folder / clover/acpi/patched.

copy content of brightness control file attached below and compile it to make sure there are no errors then save it.

For the Touch screen and touchpad:
Assuming you are using all the kext from from extension folder as they are the latest.

you will need to patch the dsdt again following this link

Remember to repair permissions on your kext.

IF YOU STILL CANT GET IT TO WORK SEND MY YOUR DSDT ORIGINAL FILE AND I WILL PATCH FOR YOU.

Last edited:
Hi @pytas
Thank you for these. Unless I am doing something wrong, depending on the version of MaciAsl, the compiler spits out either 3 errors or a lot... so not sure. I have followed your steps exactly. I've attached my full clover folder as it is now (bootable with ESC/F9, but no battery, function keys, touch screen, touchpad) which has DSDT in it.

Massive thank you if you could have a look.
Michael

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 77
Hi @pytas
Thank you for these. Unless I am doing something wrong, depending on the version of MaciAsl, the compiler spits out either 3 errors or a lot... so not sure. I have followed your steps exactly. I've attached my full clover folder as it is now (bootable with ESC/F9, but no battery, function keys, touch screen, touchpad) which has DSDT in it.

Michael
Hi @pytas

Michael
try this , i have patched it

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 89
Hi @pytas

Thank you so much. Been playing with it for the past 2 hours and all seems to work now.
Which version of MaciASL did you use? Did you decompile the file first using iasl?

What wifi dongle are you using? I am planning to get tp link archer t2u tomorrow which apparently has drivers for 10.14.

Did you manage to get the hp pen to work with a bluetooth dongle? Just thinking if it's worth getting it tomorrow too. The bluetooth cards seems to be detected by the system but not discovering any devices...

And did you find a way to lock keyboard when using laptop in tablet mode?

Hi @pytas

Thank you so much. Been playing with it for the past 2 hours and all seems to work now.
Which version of MaciASL did you use? Did you decompile the file first using iasl?
Hi @pytas

What wifi dongle are you using? I am planning to get tp link archer t2u tomorrow which apparently has drivers for 10.14.

Did you manage to get the hp pen to work with a bluetooth dongle? Just thinking if it's worth getting it tomorrow too. The bluetooth cards seems to be detected by the system but not discovering any devices...

Thank you so much.

You are welcome

Been playing with it for the past 2 hours and all seems to work now.

Good

Which version of MaciASL did you use?

RM-1.31 (252.4)

Did you decompile the file first using iasl?

No there is no need for that

I used this one its much faster than the one you proposed.

Don’t worry they are supported by the driver.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LGMD97Z/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Did you manage to get the hp pen to work with a bluetooth dongle?

Pen doesn’t need Bluetooth to work (as far as I know), mine works without bluetooth.

Just thinking if it's worth getting it tomorrow too. The bluetooth cards seems to be detected by the system but not discovering any devices…

Yes the driver cant be loaded by macOS, I am lucky because I have virtual windows running once I start that. It loads the drivers. And it works even after warm restart unless I shut the laptop down, then I have to do it all over again.

NO

Thanks @pytas
Do you know of any specific reason why we can't get the sleep to work on this machine?

How much battery life are you getting?

Do you mean you run Windows as virtual machine? Asking because I am planning too.

Michael
Sleep, I'm not sure I have a few theories, but not sure.

Battery. Under heavy load - 7 hours

Yes I do using parallels much better than vmware.

@@parricidium - you seem to have very similar model to mine - are you booting from hdd? What kexts/drivers/clover version are you using?

Very sorry, i'm so busy the week with my work, i can only get some hours in the weekend...
I'm booting with USB stick. :/

i'm going only now testing everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back