Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in the hackintosh world, just started out not long ago. Been stuck on this for quite a while.

My system is a Hp Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with a whiskey-lake i5-8265U with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and 8GB of DDR4 RAM.

I've been trying to get Mojave 10.14.6 running on my HP Spectre x360 for a few days now but I cannot even boot into the installer screen on the USB stick. I followed this guide
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ to create my USB install stick
but i am not sure why i cant boot into the installer screen. Below is the verbose mode after I press "install mac os from install_osx"

Below is also my clover file I put inside the USB thumb drive.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance! Do let me know if I need to provide more info.

Hello,

try this, it's my clover folder on my USB Stick for installation.

i have the X360 2019 too, maybe this work for you ! :)

Best regards,
Parricidium.

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    5.9 MB · Views: 102
Hi @parricidium and @Feartech,

Turns out i have been using an old version of clover thats why it didnt boot from the internal SSD, stupid mistake on my part. So, i got it to boot, installed clover and the relevant kexts, then tried to patch DSDT, however i could not solve the following:

trackpad, touchscreen, audio, brightness, this random screen flickering in Finder (not sure about other apps)

what i got working: keyboard, battery indicator, boot from ssd

Could any kind soul help me from here? Im really lost with patching the DSDT and the config .plist editing. Below is my Clover EFI folder and the kexts i installed to L/E. Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER + L:E.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 112
Hi @parricidium and @Feartech,

Turns out i have been using an old version of clover thats why it didnt boot from the internal SSD, stupid mistake on my part. So, i got it to boot, installed clover and the relevant kexts, then tried to patch DSDT, however i could not solve the following:

trackpad, touchscreen, audio, brightness, this random screen flickering in Finder (not sure about other apps)

what i got working: keyboard, battery indicator, boot from ssd

Could any kind soul help me from here? Im really lost with patching the DSDT and the config .plist editing. Below is my Clover EFI folder and the kexts i installed to L/E. Thanks so much in advance!

Hi,
I have similar system but with i7-8565U and it's the 15.6" i'm running Mac Catalina beside Windows 10 and Ubuntu. i have everything running smooth except like everyone with the builtin Intel WiFi and bluetooth. i will be glad if i can help you, i used Alexandred voodooI2C for my trackpad and touchscreen with the DSDT patching and editing, for audio i used Acidanthera AppleALC but without internal mic (I use my Headphone mic if i need it) battery indicator work with RehabMan patch for HP 2221s and his kext. for brightness and brightness key you need to figure that out which ig-platform-id that will work with your device and the right batch for the keys. and last flickering will be solved if you figured the right ig-platform-id. i will look into you DSDT see if i can help you.

Good luck

Last edited:
Hi,

I've nearly the same laptop (HP Spectre x360 15"), the only difference is a 2k touch display and a 512GB SSD.

Everything is working well (including touch screen, trackpad, keyboard, sound)..
the only issue is the internal display.

I get blackscreen, if I want to start from the SSD.

If I plug my external display, everything is working fine, but the internal is still black.

The Display is detected in "about this Mac" as "Built-in Display, 15,5 inch (1920 x 1080) UHD Graphics 620 1536MB".

I'm at my wits end at this point.

I'm very grateful for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back