Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with HP Spectre x360 and 10.14.5, UHD 620 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

First of all, sorry for my bad English, i'm French and i'm a new in the world of Hackintosh,

I Have an HP Spectre X360 - 13-ap0011nf
spec (same but 16gb Ram,1Tb SSD & 4K Screen) : https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c06191296)

I've tried to install Mojave with your Clover folder and stay stuck on load :cry: !

someone can help me please <3 ?
i dont understand what is wrong °°

Best regards,
Parricidium.

Attachments

• 20190831_133611.jpg
    20190831_133611.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Good news !

Booting on USB have succes, but no touchpad or touchscreen working :( !

Someone have any idea ?

Best regards,
Parricidium.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 111
Hi @jm52262

I have a similar spec X360 - 13-ap0010na (I7-8565U, 16GB, 1TB Nvme, Intel UHD 620, 4k touch ), attempting to boot Mojave 10.14.5 and used your clover folder in my EFI partition, but when I attempt to boot from HDD (Toshiba nvme) it gets immediately stuck after 'End RandomSeed +++++++'. This issue is usually related to memory map issue easily sorted with osxAptioFix but it doesn't help.

Did you come across such issue? What clover version are you using? I'd assume since the hardware is basically the same it should work....

@parricidium - you seem to have very similar model to mine - are you booting from hdd? What kexts/drivers/clover version are you using?

Thanks for advice.
Michael

Hi @jm52262

I have a similar spec X360 - 13-ap0010na (I7-8565U, 16GB, 1TB Nvme, Intel UHD 620, 4k touch ), attempting to boot Mojave 10.14.5 and used your clover folder in my EFI partition, but when I attempt to boot from HDD (Toshiba nvme) it gets immediately stuck after 'End RandomSeed +++++++'. This issue is usually related to memory map issue easily sorted with osxAptioFix but it doesn't help.

Did you come across such issue? What clover version are you using? I'd assume since the hardware is basically the same it should work....

@parricidium - you seem to have very similar model to mine - are you booting from hdd? What kexts/drivers/clover version are you using?

Thanks for advice.
Michael

hello, that is a known bug with hp specters x360, you need to put the preloader.efi file in your clover folder.
if you cant get it let me know and I can share mine.

go to step 6

Step 6: Add a boot entry for Clover:

The process to workaround HP’s firmware bug involves loading PreLoader.efi, which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration. We rename CLOVERX64.efi to loader.efi to take advantage of this. Here, we’ll use EasyUEFI to create a menu entry for Clover. We’ll also disable the windows boot entry, since this tends to reduce the frequency with which HP’s firmware decides to reset the boot order.

Here are the steps:
  • Open EasyUEFI, and click on the button labeled “Manage EFI Boot Option”
  • Click on the plus button alongside the list of boot entries to add a new entry
  • Select “Linux or Other OS” in the Type menu
  • Add a description for the boot loader entry, such as “Clover PreLoader”
  • Select the EFI partition on your disk
  • Now click the browse button, and browse to the CLOVER folder and select PreLoader.efi as the file
  • Click OK to add the entry. Use the up and down arrows to set the priority of the boot entry if you’d like
Now, select the Windows boot entry and click the red circle. The status should change to “Disabled”, which will prevent you from booting windows instead of clover on accident (note this step is entirely optional)

Last edited:
@
hello, that is a known bug with hp specters x360, you need to put the preloader.efi file in your clover folder.
if you cant get it let me know and I can share mine.

go to step 6

Step 6: Add a boot entry for Clover:

The process to workaround HP’s firmware bug involves loading PreLoader.efi, which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration. We rename CLOVERX64.efi to loader.efi to take advantage of this. Here, we’ll use EasyUEFI to create a menu entry for Clover. We’ll also disable the windows boot entry, since this tends to reduce the frequency with which HP’s firmware decides to reset the boot order.

Here are the steps:
  • Open EasyUEFI, and click on the button labeled “Manage EFI Boot Option”
  • Click on the plus button alongside the list of boot entries to add a new entry
  • Select “Linux or Other OS” in the Type menu
  • Add a description for the boot loader entry, such as “Clover PreLoader”
  • Select the EFI partition on your disk
  • Now click the browse button, and browse to the CLOVER folder and select PreLoader.efi as the file
  • Click OK to add the entry. Use the up and down arrows to set the priority of the boot entry if you’d like
Now, select the Windows boot entry and click the red circle. The status should change to “Disabled”, which will prevent you from booting windows instead of clover on accident (note this step is entirely optional)

Thanks. I think this assumes you are booting both windows and mac. However I am only booting mojave. No windows partition.

@

Thanks. I think this assumes you are booting both windows and mac. However I am only booting mojave. No windows partition.

Even so you still need all the steps except the EasyUEFI bit, the only difference is when you boot you press f9 --> Boot from efi files ---> then navigate to where you have the PreLoader.efi and select it.

Even though its a pain to do that every time you boot, this method will allow you to boot up without using usb every time.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help @pytas
I will check this tonight to see if any progress
Can't wait to get this machine going :)
hopefully, it should work I have exactly the same model as you, the only problems I have are
1. no webcam even though it's detected.
2. no sleep
3. you probably know that you have to use a usb wifi

Everything else is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back