Asus ROG Strix H370-F
Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix
SSD Samsung EVO
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
Power supply 750W Corsair CX750
Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti

Issue
After some years working flawlessly, yesterday I installed some apps/utilities, such as InDesign and Java SDK & runtime. Today, the machine won't boot. Safe mode works fine, though. I attach a screenshot for verbose mode + stuck at boot time.

Previously I installed the same kit of apps in a different and similar hackintosh and it works fine. These apps don't install extensions or sensitive stuff in the system folder, as far as I know...

I uninstalled Java manually, just in case, but no difference.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Attachments

• 20220428_073429p.jpg
    20220428_073429p.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 47
Graphics configuration problem.

Thanks for the tip. I've just tried -disablegfxfirmware and now it boots, althought it seems the graphics card doesn't work properly...

Catalina has no support for Pascal GPUs. The last version macOS and Nvidia Web-Drivers did was High Sierra. You can use your GTX1050 but it will not have hardware acceleration. You could use the iGPU and disable the GPU.

Catalina has no support for Pascal GPUs. The last version macOS and Nvidia Web-Drivers did was High Sierra. You can use your GTX1050 but it will not have hardware acceleration. You could use the iGPU and disable the GPU.
Not sure what this means. The graphics card was working fine under Catalina only a couple of days ago. (?)

Ah, damn! You must be true. I think I've posted the wrong build for a PC we have at home! I'll try to find the right config and come back. Sorry for the confusion :oops:

Nopes, rigth specs, see the attached pic (although my other PC is using the same mobo, that's because I though about a possible confusion): https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TG1-GAMING-4GD#kf
As I say, it's been working fine under Catalina for about one year or so, and it stopped working a couple of days ago, most probably after installing a couple of things, including InDesign 2020 and Java (JDK & JRE).
I think I used for the build a CustoMacPro guide found here, I'll try to find it and review the post-installation, just in case...

Attachments

• gc.jpg
    gc.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 48
I've been reading a bit and found that everybody ensures what you say: using the iGPU would be much better. I must have followed previously some kind of hack, like the one here. Well, anyway, the computer has been working fine, even if hardware accelleration wasn't working at all... Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back