Contribute
Register

[Help] Screen Issues Dell Inspiron 7548 HD5500 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck doing this, the same thing happens, I get “garbled screen” with valid id

You never provided PR files for this scenario.

You never provided PR files for this scenario.
Here are the debug files. I had to make a script so the gen_debug tool would run automatically at start because I cannot see anything with the gray screen (on which if I press keys from the keyboard it does like shown in the video of post #1).

Attachments

• debug_498.zip
    2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Here are the debug files. I had to make a script so the gen_debug tool would run automatically at start because I cannot see anything with the gray screen (on which if I press keys from the keyboard it does like shown in the video of post #1).

Perhaps you need to set DVMT-prealloc larger (128mb), and then patch the framebuffer to match.

Perhaps you need to set DVMT-prealloc larger (128mb), and then patch the framebuffer to match.
You mean changing the BIOS or changing the config.plist?

You mean changing the BIOS or changing the config.plist?

It will involve both.
If your BIOS has no option for DVMT-prealloc, you'll need to use setup_var or setup_var2 from the special/grub UEFI shell.
And then you'll need to patch the framebuffer memory amounts to match (using WhateverGreen based patches, via config.plist/Devices/Properties).

It will involve both.
If your BIOS has no option for DVMT-prealloc, you'll need to use setup_var or setup_var2 from the special/grub UEFI shell.
And then you'll need to patch the framebuffer memory amounts to match (using WhateverGreen based patches, via config.plist/Devices/Properties).

If this screen appears when booting after changing the Framebuffer values to match 128MB, it means that I have a 64MB DMVT-prealloc?
(Because it’s says available 67104768 bytes)
EC815E61-F108-4201-946D-AEB6BA378202.jpeg

Edit:
I don’t know how to check correctly my DVMT-prealloc, checked on windows and Linux and both says 128MB, but I read that they are not reliable information.

If this screen appears when booting after changing the Framebuffer values to match 128MB, it means that I have a 64MB DMVT-prealloc?
(Because it’s says available 67104768 bytes)
View attachment 360839

It would appear so.

Edit:
I don’t know how to check correctly my DVMT-prealloc, checked on windows and Linux and both says 128MB, but I read that they are not reliable information.

That Windows stat has nothing to do with DVMT-prealloc.

It will involve both.
There is another option to try before hacking the BIOS?
I mean, at least the DVMT is 64MB, unless the 4K display needs more tan that. Maybe I can do something else to try to fix this.
Thank you for your time @RehabMan

There is another option to try before hacking the BIOS?
I mean, at least the DVMT is 64MB, unless the 4K display needs more tan that. Maybe I can do something else to try to fix this.
Thank you for your time @RehabMan

The 4k display may need more than 64mb. Hence the suggestion.

I don’t seem able to change it. I extracted this from bios asi per guide:
672E4F21-8949-4064-80A9-4DD8B8CD2A54.jpeg

And then change it here:
5EFED7BD-E36B-4689-951A-1BB71E290058.jpeg

But if I enter again to the grub menu to check if it’s changed this appears:

F7BE3B9E-DA0D-4595-AB7D-E387989AD26F.jpeg

The BIOS is playing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back