Contribute
Register

[Help] Screen Issues Dell Inspiron 7548 HD5500 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upload the reporting and clover files, but in this case with the framebuffer activated (the raw .plist from your repository, no changes).

Because I think I did not check my DVMT memory properly.

Edit:
I tried to boot with the clover file attached but with the default if-platform-id (0x16260006) and my screen get’s stuck here:View attachment 360209

And booting with ig-platform-id commented out it stucks at this screen:
View attachment 360215

(Sorry that it’s backwards, can’t rotate it)

Your debug ZIP is missing ioreg. Please check your files before upload.

Also, you should install Clover to your HDD/SSD instead of booting from USB.

Your debug ZIP is missing ioreg. Please check your files before upload.

Also, you should install Clover to your HDD/SSD instead of booting from USB.

I Installed Clover to my SSD as recommended, also checked ioreg files.
I boot with ig-platform-id 0x1245678 changed on clover settings, otherwise I cant boot and I get the garbled screen.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• debug_5906.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
I boot with ig-platform-id 0x1245678 changed on clover settings, otherwise I cant boot and I get the garbled screen.
Thank you in advance

Attach photo of "garbled screen".

Note: You may need to disable your AMD graphics device (guide is linked from the FAQ).

Attach photo of "garbled screen".
This is how the screen looks (.zip video attached). If I press keys like ESC or spacebar the login screen appears and then disappears again into a gey screen.

Note: You may need to disable your AMD graphics device (guide is linked from the FAQ).
Will do.

Attachments

• Garbled screen video.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 74
Thank you in advance
This is how the screen looks (.zip video attached). If I press keys like ESC or spacebar the login screen appears and then disappears again into a gey screen.

Will do.

I guess you must have DVMT-prealloc at 64mb (or larger), as I see no DVMT related patching.

Try enabling the fake device-id=<26160000> (you will see it is commented out in your config.plist/Devices/Properties.

I guess you must have DVMT-prealloc at 64mb (or larger), as I see no DVMT related patching.

Try enabling the fake device-id=<26160000> (you will see it is commented out in your config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Sorry for the noob question, did you mean this?
681581B7-3DA7-4BA7-AE6C-C34ECE9E0AF0.jpeg

Last edited:

No luck doing this, the same thing happens, I get “garbled screen” with valid id

No luck doing this, the same thing happens, I get “garbled screen” with valid id

You will need to try different ig-platform-id values.

I am probably dumb, doing as in guide and nothing change...

1. I tried every different value of ig-platform-id that I came across with in all the forums (for broadwell)

2. Tried with fake device-id enabled/disabled, got "garbled screen" with valid id.

3. Added framebuffer patch just in case that that's the problem and tested with different ig-platform-id values, and enabling/disabling fake device-id, but with valid id I couldn't even boot into macOS, it hangs in this screen:
1A793B32-906C-4591-9DA5-A4559C075FED.jpeg

5. Booted with Framebuffer, invalid-id, rebuild cache and tried to boot with valid id with no luck.

6. Booted with framebuffer patch, invalid platform-id, fake device-id disabled to generate report files (attached).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help and patience

Note:
The installer booots from USB (with full resolution) with platform-id 0x16260006, no Framebuffer patch and no fake id. Tried to boot to macOS but I get the “garbled screen”. (added USB clover folder)

Attachments

• debug_30422.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  • USB - Clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back