Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z77-UD5H
CPU
Core i7 3770K OverClocked
Graphics
NVIDIA GEOFORE GT 640 2GB
Hello there!

Im kinda new to this. The long and the short of it is no matter what I do i can't get iMessage FaceTime or anything linked to my apple ID to work, (Other than my app store). Also my sound doesn't work. No matter how many times I install the drivers using multi beast it doesn't work. I also can't get airplay to work. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm a complete idiot. :?: Any help would be so appreciated!

Not sure if needed but I have a Gygabyte Z77x-UD5H, i7 3770K, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB

That hardware can all more or less work properly.
I suspect you have not set Multibeast correctly.
I presume you have network working and are booting off the hard drive, the first most important steps IMHO.
Go through the nonDSDT panel first then choose the (correct) Realtek audio. After MB is finished and you reboot sound should be working/sound icon not greyed out. It may take a few tries. Ensure other settings are correct,i.e. flags.
Apple has its own video camera drivers that should work with name brand Web cams (plug and pray) and you should be able to access the webcam via FaceTime or Skype. You have to have network connectivity to use those applications.
iMessage, USB3 can be problematic but other issues, like Keychain, work exactly the same in the OS regardless of hardware.
To be honest the Messages application does not always work correctly on my Apple machines with correspondents texting me or me texting them on iPhones. Three days a week I am in front of a genuine late model Apple machine for 8-10 hours and some iPhone user messages come in on the screen some don't, some won't send: ergo methinks many problems are inherent to OSX which is not unquirksome.

Addressing only the iMessage issue at hand, it can be tricky to Get it going properly on a Hackintosh but there are tutorials explaining how to make it work. If you own a "real" Mac or MacBook you can even use those unique serial numbers and device ID's in whatever hack setup you have.

As far as not getting messages from an iPhone, Mavericks and every previous version of OSX cannot receive SMS messages...from any phone. If you do manage to receive a message from someone on an iPhone then it was send from a wifi network.

Thanks for your help! I'm not really worried about messages or anything. The DSDTfree install worked! Thank you very much! But how can i get airplay on my machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back