Contribute
Register

HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, no success so far. I believe I may have missed some step(s), but I can`t find which…. Here`s what I did:

-Extracted DSDT.aml trough terminal command. Left it on the desktop.
- Opened DSDT in MaciASL.
- Clicked in "patch", opened "ami_clean_compile.txt", clicked in Apply-close-compile. No errors.
- Clicked in "patch", opened "hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt", clicked in Apply-close-compile. No errors.
- Saved DSDT.aml, installed using Multibeast, rebooted the computer.

(First thing I did after rebooting was check my sound outputs in System preferences. HDMI audio was not present, but I assumed that`s because nothing is connected to my motherboard main HDMI port (I`m using the port on my GPU)

- Then I went to S/L/E and copied AppleHDA.kext to my desktop. Right-clicked.>Show package contents>Plugins>AppleHDAController.kext>Show Package Contents>Contents>Mac OS and there found Apple HDAController binary.
- Opened it with HEX EDIT and made the substitution twice. Saved the file.
- Ran KextBeast to install modded AppleHda
- Rebooted again.

Still, no sign of my GTX in my audio outputs. Attached are a copy of my IOREG and my DSDT.aml.

Did I miss some step, or did I screw up on something?

Attachments

• Copy002.ioreg.zip
    408.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 100
Still, no sign of my GTX in my audio outputs. Attached are a copy of my IOREG and my DSDT.aml.

Did I miss some step, or did I screw up on something?
There are no HDMI audio edits in the attached dsdt.aml or IOReg. The edited dsdt.aml was not installed in Extra. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext and repair permissions and cache. An HDMI audio device must be connected, even with working HDMI audio, for the HDMI device to appear in Preferences.

There are no HDMI audio edits in the attached dsdt.aml or IOReg. The edited dsdt.aml was not installed in Extra. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext and repair permissions and cache. An HDMI audio device must be connected, even with working HDMI audio, for the HDMI device to appear in Preferences.

Still no luck.

At some point earlier I lost track of what I was doing. I then did a clean install of OSX. Updated to 10.8.2 and then installed drivers drivers as normal trough MultiBeast. After that, I went for the HDMI audio; trying to fix the mistakes you pointed out, I re-read and followed this guide to the letter (or so I believe):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb-5.html

Now, since there are no patches for my motherboard in ollarilla, I used Terminal to pull an un-edited dsdt from my system and made only the edits from the "HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit". Saved the dsdt.aml to extras, fixed permissions, deleted HDAEnabler (ALC 8xx was not present in S/L/E), fixed permissions and rebooted. After that, the sound devices that were present disappeared from the system preferences.

Next, I edited the binary for AppleHDA and installed with kextbeast. Repaired permissions again and rebooted; no luck (I checked the version in S/L/E to see if it was the edited one, and it was okay).

Searched around a little bit to see if I was missing something; at OSX86 wiki I saw that layout id should be
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for my
mobo. Made the edit in a copy of dsdt that was on my desktop, deleted the one from Extra, rebooted, opened the copy from the desktop in MaciASL and saved it to extra. Rebooted again after fixing permissions. Still, no audio device.

At this point, my best guess is that the dsdt.aml needs more patches than the ones made (meaning that only pulling an edited one from the system and applying the ones from that guide is not enough, or some more edits need to be made) , but I have no idea what those are.

Devices GFX0, HDAU and IGPU are not present in IOReg, which indicates to me that, indeed, edits are missing (if I understood the guide correctly) but, agin, I don`T know what those are (or, if they should be included into dsdt by the edits in "HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit" why that´s not happening.

Attached are copies of my IOReg and the DSDT present in Extra. Now, I hate to be that guy, but if you could point me in the right direction as specifically as possible, I`d be extremelly grateful. (I`m more than willing to do the work, but right know I feel like I`m walking in circles). Thank you very much again.

Attachments

• Copy004.zip
    352.2 KB · Views: 108
  • dsdtnonworking.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 98
Searched around a little bit to see if I was missing something; at OSX86 wiki I saw that layout id should be
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for my
mobo. Made the edit in a copy of dsdt that was on my desktop, deleted the one from Extra, rebooted, opened the copy from the desktop in MaciASL and saved it to extra. Rebooted again after fixing permissions. Still, no audio device.

Devices GFX0, HDAU and IGPU are not present in IOReg, which indicates to me that, indeed, edits are missing (if I understood the guide correctly) but, agin, I don`T know what those are (or, if they should be included into dsdt by the edits in "HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit" why that´s not happening.
Made some progress; the dsd.aml is edited properly. Your audio problem is caused by an installation problem. IOReg indicates an olarila edited dsdt.aml is installed. Use Finder and deleted the current dsdt.aml in Extra. Drag the correct HDMI audio edited dsdt.aml to Extra; enter passwords as required.

Not clear why you changed the layout-id; that is not causing the no audio problem.

You are using some other AppleHDA.kext. Run
MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC887 Current.

Okay, I deleted the dsdt from extras and rebooted. Pulled one unedited from my system with the following terminal comand:

Code:
[FONT=Courier]ioreg -arw0 -d1 -c AppleACPIPlatformExpert | xpath '//key[.="DSDT"]/following-sibling::*[1]/text()' | base64 -D -o ~/Desktop/DSDT.aml[/FONT]

Reapplied the patches, dragged to Extra (it did not ask me for my password, weirdly). Ran multi beast. Rebooted again. Still nothing.

Now, I am unable to boot from my hard-drive at the moment ( /I have boot:0 error and was hoping to fix it for last), so I`m using a usb stick with a pre-installed clover in it (even though Chimera is installed in my main drive, I can`t boot trough it). Could this be the cause.

Attached IOReg and the dsdt currently in the Extra folder:

Attachments

• stillnonworkingDSDT.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Copy006.zip
    341.2 KB · Views: 109
Now, I am unable to boot from my hard-drive at the moment ( /I have boot:0 error and was hoping to fix it for last), so I`m using a usb stick with a pre-installed clover in it (even though Chimera is installed in my main drive, I can`t boot trough it). Could this be the cause.
Nothing like full disclosure. No audio until you can boot from the hard disc.

For real? Damn, I`m so, SO sorry for taking so much of your time, man! Damn, this is embarrassing! :oops:

Even so, I really appreciate all the help. As soon as that is solved, at least I know what to do, if needed.

Nothing like full disclosure. No audio until you can boot from the hard disc.

Okay, after my stupid mistake and fixing my boot, just wanted to say that the system is working flawlessly. Thank you very much Toleda! :)

Hi all!

I guess it's my turn to bump up the thread now :)

Situation:

-Asrock Z68 Extreme 4
-Intel i5 2500K
-MSI 560ti

-Dual boot Win7 / ML 10.8.2
-OSX installed with clean install + Multibeast + kexts ( no DSDT )
-Dual monitor ( Main screen via DVI + Television via HDMI )

All works fine on Win7 ( easy to obtain :p )
All works fine on OSX. After several configurations and kexts all seems fine ( correctly uses Audio ALC892, correctly uses discrete VGA and runs Unigine, correctly uses network, correctly handles Stops and Wakes ).

Problem:

The video signal to the television via HDMI works fine but....
If I play a video and want it ont the TV, I can see the video fullscreen but the Audio signal still goes through my headphones.

Since I reached a balance state where all works great just by using drivers... is it possible to solve this ( redirecting audio as desired ) without compromising the bootability of the system or other OS components ?

Thank you for your help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back