Contribute
Register

HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Integrated GPU has no effect. Install the v2.1.3 kext and reply with the working HDMI audio IOReg.

AppleHDA.kext v2.1.3 came from lion,patched:
AppleHDAController de10ea0b => de100c0e
AppleHDA 0A00DE10 => 1600DE10

HDMI audio of MSI GTX 560 ti can work fine.
Here is the file.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 406
Hello,

Nearly same setup on my side and same issue...
Looking for some advices.

Running ML 10.8.1

System details:
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z (Sandy Bridge (Z68), ASMedia ASM1042 USB 3.0 controllers)
Modified BIOS 3203
i7 2600-K O.C. at 4GHz (Cooled with Corsair H60)
Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti
OCZ Vertex 3
3 WD Caviar Black HDDs
Asus DVD drive

Note: HD3000 is disabled by BIOS settings. HDMI audio works on my GTX 560 Ti when running Windows 7.

"iMac12,2" in smbios.plist.

I did follow Toleda guide (Thanks!) in order to edit DSDT for HDEF / HDAU with proper layout-id and installed (with Kext Utility) the latest patched AppleHDA.kext (2.3.0f2) in S/L/E (removing other Audio enablers). I didn't change anything in the KEXT as, from what I read from Toleda, AppleHDA.kext from ML can handle HDMI Audio device OOB. (Did I understood correctly?)

On-board ALC889 is managed properly and gives sound. HDMI audio device reported in "System Information" but not in Preferences/Sound/Output.

Attaching .ioreg and .dsl files and System Information screenshot.

View attachment IOreg.zip
View attachment DSDT.zip

Audio devices.jpg

From here, I'm lost...

AppleHDA.kext v2.1.3 came from lion,patched:
AppleHDAController de10ea0b => de100c0e
AppleHDA 0A00DE10 => 1600DE10

HDMI audio of MSI GTX 560 ti can work fine.
Here is the file.
It appears the problem is the ML_AppleHDA.kext. A range is used to verify the hdmi audio device_id and 16 00 de 10 is apparently not in the accepted range. 0a 00 de 10 and the others have been removed. You can try 06 00 de 10 (2x) as it is now present.

Otherwise, install the Multibeast/With dsdt/ALC892 and patch for the GTX 560ti (as noted above). That will give 892 and 560 audio.

Hello,

I've been able to successfully modify patched AppleHDA.kext (2.3.0f2) with
AppleHDAController binary with de10ea0b => de100c0e (x2)
Couldn't modify AppleHDA binary as 0A00DE10 or 0600DE10 where nowhere to be found.

On-board (ALC889) and HDMI Audio are now both working.

Thank you, Toleda!

Hello,

I've been able to successfully modify patched AppleHDA.kext (2.3.0f2) with
AppleHDAController binary with de10ea0b => de100c0e (x2)
Couldn't modify AppleHDA binary as 0A00DE10 or 0600DE10 where nowhere to be found.

On-board (ALC889) and HDMI Audio are now both working.

Thank you, Toleda!
Interesting, great work. Attach a copy of IOReg with GTX 560 ti HDMI audio working.
Enjoy.

Interesting, great work. Attach a copy of IOReg with GTX 560 ti HDMI audio working.
Enjoy.
Sure!
Working DSDT for Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z, ALC889 + HDMI audio for GTX 560Ti and IOReg copy:
View attachment DSDT_IOREG_with_HDMIaudio_and_USB3.zip

Comments are more than welcome.

Thanks for the great material one can found here!
(Just in case: apologizes for my English, not my mother tongue) :oops:

It appears the problem is the ML_AppleHDA.kext. A range is used to verify the hdmi audio device_id and 16 00 de 10 is apparently not in the accepted range. 0a 00 de 10 and the others have been removed. You can try 06 00 de 10 (2x) as it is now present.

Otherwise, install the Multibeast/With dsdt/ALC892 and patch for the GTX 560ti (as noted above). That will give 892 and 560 audio.

ML_AppleHDA-892-Alpha patched:
AppleHDAController de10ea0b => de100c0e (2x)
My GOD!892 and 560 ti hdmi audio are working now!
Thank you,toleda!!!

Attachments

• working.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 370
Thanks YRousse and Toleda for the help!

I edited the AppleHDAController and that did the trick. I also did find 0600DE10 in the AppleHDA binary and tried changing that too to 1600DE10 but that didn't work. Editing only AppleHDAController is the key.

Guys,

I'm very new to this whole hackintosh scene - but I am loving it.

I have an NVidia 560Ti graphics card that you mention here and my motherboard is ALC892 audio. I was previously on Windows 7 and my audio worked. I have since upgraded to Mountain Lion and after a few boot errors I finally have my very own hackintosh - except that I have no audio.
I've been reading this forum for information but everything I seem to try doesn't resovle the audio issue.
Do I need to install kext files with kextbeast?
I have previously just been trying to install drivers from Multibeast - I've used the most up to date version of Multibeast, being 5.1.2 but still no luck.
Some people are recommending to use the AppleHDA.kext from Lion rather than Moutain Lion, others are saying that a certain line in the code has to be altered and it just works....I'm a bit confused.
Any help here would be much appreciated.
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back