Contribute
Register

HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toledo

I am posting on behalf of craig (mac_attacK).

I have carried out the AppleHDAController edits you described, I have updated the hdmi audio patch for his system and have applied the patch to dsdt. There was an error of HDEF and DTGP missing so I applied the add_hdef patch that the hdmi audio patch points toward. I then applied the hdmi patch and it compiles with no errors.

Can you confirm that the dsdt I have saved is now correct? I am not 100% certain around the adding of hdef stage. I noted the patch says it is default layout for 889 audio where we have 892 but then the notes on this forum suggest its ok? Can you clarify? Thanks!

dsdt is attached.

Many thanks for your help (its made craig leave me alone a little so thats great!!!)

edit - also attached hdmi audio patch and AppleHDA.kext with edits.

Attachments

• hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 271
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 100
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    828.6 KB · Views: 102
Hey,

quick update. I went and quickly tried that dsdt file. I placed it in /Extras along side things like chameleon.plist and msbios.plist but on reboot it kernel panicked.
When rebooting with -v is lists many times something like "invalid CPU character" or something like this...

any ideas toleda?

thanks,

I have carried out the AppleHDAController edits you described, I have updated the hdmi audio patch for his system and have applied the patch to dsdt. There was an error of HDEF and DTGP missing so I applied the add_hdef patch that the hdmi audio patch points toward. I then applied the hdmi patch and it compiles with no errors.
The dsdt.aml file is empty. Verify attachment before posting.

Our apologies toledo!! Should have checked it first!

Anyhow a little update (A good one!)

Craig installed the previously attached, empty dsdt and as you may expect it caused a KP.

After you noticed the dsdt was empty I had a play and realised that using the file-save option in dsdt editor would produce an empty file (although viewable in text editor). Using the AISL menu and save AML as option we got a working dsdt.

applied the add_hdef patch as the HDEF tag was missing. Compiled and then applied the hdmi patch with the modifications you suggested. Compiled with no errors and saved aml as.

Put it in the /Extras directory and rebooted. We now have HDMI Audio working! SUPERB!

I will say thank you for your help although I am sure Craig will also thank you personally.

Craig installed the previously attached, empty dsdt and as you may expect it caused a KP.

We now have HDMI Audio working! SUPERB!
That is a bug in DSDT Editor (reported, permissions problem, to be fixed in next release) and the workaround is noted in the guide.

Hey,

just a follow up to myromeo's post...he's sort of covered it all...buy yeah as he said we created the dsdt, patched it with a few patches and dropped it in /Extras and on reboot I had working audio via HDMI.

thanks very much for your help on this matter - defo wouldn't have got it working without your help.

I'm currently working on a guide on how to install ML on MSI board with my graphics card and achieve working audio via HDMI, included in this guide will be boot flag commands as well as the zipped patch files etc that are need. I'm sure other MSI users will appreciated that. Where best to post this guide, once complete? Just start a new thread on the forum?

thanks again for your help!!

I'm currently working on a guide on how to install ML on MSI board with my graphics card and achieve working audio via HDMI, included in this guide will be boot flag commands as well as the zipped patch files etc that are need. I'm sure other MSI users will appreciated that. Where best to post this guide, once complete? Just start a new thread on the forum?
Yes. Add Guide to the title.

Hello; sorry for bumping the thread. As other people here, my HDMI output is not recognised. I`ve read this and some other threads on the subject, tried to edit AppleHda according to what I read here but so far had no success.
:banghead:

My system is as follows:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, rev. 1.0, BIOS = f12
16GB RAM (2x8) corsair
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770k Ivy Bridge
GPU: GeForce 560GTX-TI (More specifically, the MSI n560GTX-TI twin frozr II model)

System report shows my board as working, with drivers installed.

I have no DSDT as I coudln´t find patches for my board and until this point didn´t think I´d need it.

Attached is a copy of my IOReg. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Attachments

• copy001.ioreg.zip
    387.5 KB · Views: 106
I have no DSDT as I coudln´t find patches for my board and until this point didn´t think I´d need it.
If you want OS X HDMI audio, you need an edited dsdt. The HDMI audio guide provides a link to extract your dsdt
Steps:
1. Make a bootable backup.
2. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT
3. Download HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit
4. See -Read_me_first for install details
5. MaciASL/Open dsdt.aml
6. Patch/Open ami_clean_compile.txt, Apply, Compile
7. Use the patch file as is.
8. Patch/Open hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt. Apply, Compile
9. Save, Install, Restart.

One more step, the 560 ti requires an AppleHDA.kext binary edit:

AppleHDAController binary
find: de 10 ea 0b
replace: de 10 0c 0e (2x)

More info, see AppleHDAController Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia
Credit: YRousse Mountain Lion Hdmi audio update - Page 2

Wow, thank you very much for the quick response. It`s over 3:30 where I am and I`m waay to sleepy to go trough everything now, but I will give it a shot as soon as I wake up. But thanks already, help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back