Contribute
Register

Help for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple logo bar slowly fills up and then it puts my display to sleep. When I press a key the screen flashes...its weird
You were supposed to set -v in your boot arguments for verbose booting.
List all of the kexts that you added into the kexts/other folder.

You can press the space bar at the Clover boot menu and add any boot flags such as -v

You were supposed to set -v in your boot arguments for verbose booting.
List all of the kexts that you added into the kexts/other folder.

You can press the space bar at the Clover boot menu and add any boot flags such as -v
I added the ones you said, Whatever green, applealc, liliu and either Fake or Virtual SMC I can't remember which now. Attached is the verbose info, another couple of lines flashed up before the display died but I wasn't quick enough to catch them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_223927.jpg
    IMG_20210722_223927.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
I noticed that you had been Injecting Nvidia in your config.plist which isn't needed. Not sure if that is causing the panic or not but I would remove that. Also, only have one monitor at a time connected when booting.

If you take a phone video of the verbose boot, you can slow that down and catch the last few lines.

I noticed that you had been Injecting Nvidia in your config.plist which isn't needed. Not sure if that is causing the panic or not but I would remove that. Also, only have one monitor at a time connected when booting.

If you take a phone video of the verbose boot, you can slow that down and catch the last few lines.
Great tip! This is the last line before the screen goes. Yes I think I've tried both injecting and not injecting Nvidia to see if it makes a difference. Is there a way to disable it from the Clover screen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-231741.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-231741.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Great tip! This is the last line before the screen goes. Yes I think I've tried both injecting and not injecting Nvidia to see if it makes a difference. Is there a way to disable it from the Clover screen?
IOConsoleUsers etc. is a graphics problem. Yes, you can change Inject Nvidia to no in the Clover Options. Press the space bar then go to the gear icon, use the tab key to navigate to the gear icon.

IOConsoleUsers etc. is a graphics problem. Yes, you can change Inject Nvidia to no in the Clover Options. Press the space bar then go to the gear icon, use the tab key to navigate to the gear icon.
Ok tried that but think it's the same result? I'll have to knock this on the head for now but if you think of anything I should try next that'd be awesome, I'll get back to you in about 12 hours with the results. Thank you so so much for your time, you have been an absolute star!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-232858.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-232858.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Lets look at your BIOS. Are you on F14 or something older ? If older I would flash F14 then load defaults and set it again.

Are you sure you've set it up correctly ? Did you follow any guide to do that ?
Is Init Display First set to PEG ?

93y0BST.jpg

Here's a few more important BIOS settings:

1627042938669.png

Last edited:
Lets look at your BIOS. Are you on F14 or something older ? If older I would flash F14 then load defaults and set it again.

Are you sure you've set it up correctly ? Did you follow any guide to do that ?
Is Init Display First set to PEG ?

View attachment 525276

Here's a few more important BIOS settings:

View attachment 525274
I cant remember which guide I followed, I think it was just the basic Hackintosh guide on here, I probably found someone else for more specific settings but yeah I thought I had set BIOS up properly. Ive gone into it and matched all the settings to the screenshot you sent but now when I power up my machine beeps a few times and Im not getting anything to the display, not even BIOS so not sure how to get back in and make changes

I cant remember which guide I followed, I think it was just the basic Hackintosh guide on here, I probably found someone else for more specific settings but yeah I thought I had set BIOS up properly. Ive gone into it and matched all the settings to the screenshot you sent but now when I power up my machine beeps a few times and Im not getting anything to the display, not even BIOS so not sure how to get back in and make changes

Likely the "beeps" indicate a hardware problem.

This part of the boot process is called POST and from your description is failing before getting to the EFI stage.

Power off, disconnect the mains cable, and then check all your hardware is properly connected and that your GPU has it's power-supply lead properly seated etc.

Likely the "beeps" indicate a hardware problem.

This part of the boot process is called POST and from your description is failing before getting to the EFI stage.

Power off, disconnect the mains cable, and then check all your hardware is properly connected and that your GPU has it's power-supply lead properly seated etc.
But it was all working right up until I altered the settings in Bios so would that not point to the issue being a setting that I have changed rather than a cable suddenly becoming unseated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back