Contribute
Register

Help for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.
NV_disable=1 does what it says, disables your graphics card. You don't want that. The GTX 670 has native support, doesn't even need web drivers to work. Make sure you don't connect the second monitor to the VGA (blue) output on the graphics card. Not going to work.
Thanks for getting back to me! So the second display is connected via display port, not VGA. Also tried hdmi - same result. The first display is connected via Dvi-d.

If GTX 670 is supported natively, any idea why it is being such a headache? Is there any kext/flags/things that I don't understand that I needed to put in?

If GTX 670 is supported natively, any idea why it is being such a headache? Is there any kext/flags/things that I don't understand that I needed to put in?
You could upload your EFI folder (with serials removed) for examination.

I'll do that - is this simple to do?
Yes, mount the EFI partition, make a copy of it and then edit the .plist. Remove the system Serial number. Zip it up and attach it.

Yes, mount the EFI partition, make a copy of it and then edit the .plist. Remove the system Serial number. Zip it up and attach it
Ok hopefully I've removed the serial......

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23 MB · Views: 38
Ok hopefully I've removed the serial......
Where are you keeping your kexts ? In the /L/E folder ?

There is nothing in the EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder and there is no 10.15 folder.

Last edited:
...and while you are at it, I have managed to lose my audio through all of my meddling!

Where are you keeping your kexts ? In the /L/E folder ?

There is nothing in the EFI/kexts/other folder and there is no 10.15 folder.
I have no idea where they are... could that be the problem?

I have no idea where they are... could that be the problem?
yes, keep your hackintosh kexts in clover/kexts/other folder only

FakeSMC or VirtualSMC
lilu
AppleALC
Watevergreen etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back