Contribute
Register

HELP A N00B - HP Pavilion 510-p030 Desktop (Core i7, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
***DISCLAIMER*** This is about to be a super N00B (****)post. My knowledge when it comes to hardware is extremely limited, hence this post. I really appreciate anybody who has the time to read/answer.

I recently purchased this desktop computer - http://a.co/adweli7. It's an HP Pavilion 510-p030 Desktop (Core i7, 12 GB RAM, 1TB HDD). All the specs are listed on the Amazon page I linked (above).

Question one: Is this build Hackintoshable? Would anybody recommend against Hackintoshing it? If so, why?

Question two: I have followed all the instructions laid out by sir tobnymacx86 with regards to creating a bootable thumb drive to install Sierra on my new build. With the build in mind, have I done anything wrong so far? If so, what (and how do I do it correctly)? I downloaded iOS Sierra and added it to my applications folder. I formatted my 64gb thumb drive correctly, and created a bootable iOS Sierra thumb drive using UniBeast. Here is where I start to not understand: UEFI boot mode or Legacy boot mode? huh? I chose UEFI and created the bootable drive using that option but honestly I don't know if that was the right choice. And again I had the same problem with the graphics, I wasn't sure which to choose. I chose ATI but I am starting to doubt that was the correct choice. Someone help!! also, Clover - Do I need to set up any additional bootloader customizations? If so, what are they? Last thing: as per tonymacx86's instructions, I dragged the MultiBeast application file onto the thumb drive (not the EFI partition but the Sierra booter)... was this correct?

Question three: Ok so I have the bootable drive, set up using the specifications laid out by you wonderful people. Now I get to the part that I have read multiple times, but have yet to put into action. It seems pretty straightforward: I start up my desktop and hold down delete to access these BIOS/UEFI settings. tonymacx86 explains exactly which settings to disable however this last one - "If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0" - does this apply to me?

Question four: "For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing." Does this mean the internal 1TB HDD? I am assuming that's the destination drive the instructions are referring to. Does this mean that the mac OS will always be the default OS that boots on startup?

Question five: MultiBeast. Again, not sure which boot mode I should be choosing. I haven't gotten there yet, and I hope I can figure it out but can someone explain what exactly my options are in regards to Audio and Network options? should I add any further customizations?

Question six: dual monitor... is this easy to set up on Mac? I currently have a dual monitor set up running windows 10, it's connected via HDMI and VGA. I have used Macs all my life, but never with a dual monitor.

Again, I apologize for the length of this post and for my serious lack of knowledge. I am looking forward to some of you to shine some light on exactly what (if anything) I am doing wrong. Any and all insight is appreciated.

Ok so I'm a noob as well but I'll try to help you out! :D

1: Theoretically speaking, it is hackable just not "easy or plug-n-play". Even custoMacs are not easy as well.
2a: UEFI boot mode
2b: Also, you don't need ATI inject. AFAIK, it's only for older systems; You have an Intel HD Graphics 530
2c: As far as customizations for the bootloader, it'll depend on every system (To experts:correct me if I'm wrong).
2d: Yes it's correct
3: No it does not apply to you since you have UEFI
4: Yes the internal HDD. IT WILL ERASE YOUR WINDOWS OS. It is recommended to have a separate HDD for macOS.
5: Multibeast is a tool you use after you have successfully installed the macOS (I'm not there myself)
6: Sorry can't help you with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back