Contribute
Register

HD 530 Glitches under Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? :( Is this graphic issue then just specific to Hackintosh?

As I've said before I am investigating any and all fixes for Sierra's Intel HD 530 graphics. If I have any info regarding a fix I will post it here.

For now, either stay on El Capitan or get an NVIDIA graphics card for support.

;)

I know that has been your position. However, seeing it was still going to be utilized in the new Macbook Pro's we were all hoping Apple would finally resolve its issue with Sierra. :( Very disappointing news! :(

I know that has been your position. However, seeing it was still going to be utilized in the new Macbook Pro's we were all hoping Apple would finally resolve its issue with Sierra.

Still a possibility as the MacBook Pro will likely have an alternate build of macOS Sierra 10.12.2- it's a wait n see type thing.

Fingers crossed! :)

Still a possibility as the MacBook Pro will likely have an alternate build of macOS Sierra 10.12.2- it's a wait n see type thing.

Watching this thread, though I've already ordered a cheap Nvidia card (80 USD) to avoid the glitches ;)

Is this just a 530 Graphics glitch? I seem to be having the same exact problem with my 520 HD graphics card - which would make sense because it's essentially part of the same patch by RehabMan. I just wanna know if anyone with the 520 HD is experiencing this issue.

I don't know it its relevant or not, but it could be a clue to reproduce the problem:
After a fresh install, this glitch appeared after pathing the sound with audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command.
It looks crazy, but that's my experience. Hope it helps.

Link please. Also is it compatible Out Of Box ?

No, recent Nvidia cards require webdriver to get full acceleration. See Forum/Graphics to check for more information.

And the link... I'm in Taiwan and I bought it from a local site, so it may not be useful to you, sorry

I don't know it its relevant or not, but it could be a clue to reproduce the problem:
After a fresh install, this glitch appeared after pathing the sound with audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command.
It looks crazy, but that's my experience. Hope it helps.

Not likely... I happened to accidentally crash my entire EFI partition yesterday while formatting my newly arrived HDD, and I've lost everything needed to boot my Linux, Windows and macOS. I didn't back up my EFI before (I've learnt now that I should have).
So I performed a de novo installation of clover. After that, I managed to boot into macOS first time WITH the glitch (and of course graphics acceleration), while doesn't have sound. I then ran the .command script and got the sound after reboot, and glitch remains. Therefore, it seems they're not related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back