Contribute
Register

HD 530 Glitches under Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is DSDT fix for HD530. Now it is working perfectly! No more glitches! Arrr
Code:
# inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" into IGPU (GFX0 originally)
into device label GFX0 set_label begin IGPU end;
into_all all code_regex GFX0 replaceall_matched begin IGPU end;
into method label _DSM parent_label IGPU remove_entry;
into device label IGPU insert begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Store (Package()\n
        {\n
            "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 530" },\n
            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
            "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x1b, 0x19 },\n
            "AAPL,Gfx324", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01 },\n
            "AAPL,GfxYTile", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerUp", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerOn", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x19 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerOff", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x11 },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelPowerDown", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C },\n
            "AAPL00,PanelCycleDelay", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFA },\n
            "device-colors", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x9D, 0x9D, 0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00  },\n
        }, Local0)\n
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
    Return (Local0)\n
}\n
end;

I'm going to assume that this doesn't work for the 520 HD graphics, can someone lead me in the right direction?

I'm going to assume that this doesn't work for the 520 HD graphics, can someone lead me in the right direction?

Try the fake ID 0x1912003, and ig patform id 0a206080 at clover screen in "graphics injection", you should get SKL CRB graphics @1536mb. This is the "native graphics for Skylake igpu in Sierra.

Set board bios igpu memory at 64k and max allowable if possible.

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to all this. I had my system up and running with Sierra. Did the audio fix and everything was fine. Then tried the Glitch Fix for 530 by editing the plist and now I can't boot up at all.. :(

I get to the Apple logo and then either see tons of text or I get a reboot. Is this a BIOS issue? A Clover issue? Because I tried booting from a Recovery drive and have the same issue. And I did a fresh install on another drive--same issue. And I tried booting from USB--same issue...

HELP PLEASE!

Also, is it possible that someone could (perhaps via private messages) take me step by step through doing this update the RIGHT way?

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to all this. I had my system up and running with Sierra. Did the audio fix and everything was fine. Then tried the Glitch Fix for 530 by editing the plist and now I can't boot up at all.. :(

I get to the Apple logo and then either see tons of text or I get a reboot. Is this a BIOS issue? A Clover issue? Because I tried booting from a Recovery drive and have the same issue. And I did a fresh install on another drive--same issue. And I tried booting from USB--same issue...

HELP PLEASE!

Also, is it possible that someone could (perhaps via private messages) take me step by step through doing this update the RIGHT way?

1). Are you injecting Intel at clover screen?
If you are make sure that your ig platform is set to 00000000.

2). Also, some thing to look at is the main drive with EFI Backups folder. Check to see if you have the same config.plist in there that you have on your EFI partition. Use EFIMounter to access the EFI partition . If they are contradicting each other that may cause problems. Did you have a bootable system with serial number and everything working before you tried the HD 530 fix?
3). Possible way to get booted.
Before booting hit the space bar once. Select verbose, slide=0, -xcpm, debug kexts, and the last two at the bottom shikkoff and another. Then hit return and then enter. It may get you back in. You can also select safe mode.

4). If you have a way to connect the drive to a working Mac you can remove the plists 2 and then run clover bootloader 3998 (google it). Make sure to install on the correct drive and not the working Mac or hack. After you can set clover settings or just try booting again. Then run Multibeast without injecting hd 530.

1). Are you injecting Intel at clover screen?
If you are make sure that your ig platform is set to 00000000.

That's all I had to do! I reset the platform id and it booted right up.

Now onto the question of how to fix this glitch. I am moderately comfortable using Clover at this point. What are the exact steps to get this working?

The last time I tried this I opened my config.plist in Text Editor and added the code from a few threads back (AddProperties) and this caused the issue. Maybe I'm missing a step in the process...

Thanks so much!

UPDATE: Also, I just noticed in System Information under the Graphics/Displays tab that my "Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 7000." Is this supposed to be this way? I thought the Z170 mobo had HD530? Is this because I edited the plist? *Feeling so lost...*

Last edited:
If you are using Sierra, update to 10.12.4, it will remove the glitch. No patches required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back