Contribute
Register

HD 530 Glitches under Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tired and it doesn't work. No full acceleration. Transparent effect gone. VRAM looks like right but there is something wrong.

I also tried 3 different ways;

Fake ID --> ig-platform-id --> No Inject Intel --> Result: SKL VRAM 1536MB --> No Acceleration
ig-platform-id --> with Inject Intel --> Result: Intel VRAM 1536MB --> No Acceleration
And just --> Inject Intel --> Result: Intel VRAM 7MB --> No Acceleration --> No Kext Loaded

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 17.48.15.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 17.49.14.png

Last edited:
According to this post drivers taken from the new released MacBooks seems to fix the glitches.
tonymacx86 just tested this "fix" and found it it didn't work as it has no acceleration.

Tried it here, and upper left flickering issue is gone, but it changed some screen (red/orange) colors to blue as can be seen below:

I used the latest Kext Util v2.6.6 to make the changes. I've restored from a backup and made the kext changes a few times here with the same result.

Open The Monitor Panel and switch the resolution of the monitor in question and back and/or rotate it and back.
This will rewrite the stored settings and should solve your problem.

Thanks Brebo, I just changed the resolution and then returned to my choice resolution and it was fixed. No more flickering folks. :) However, a biggie is I lost acceleration. No more transparency here. :(

tonymacx86 just tested this "fix" and found it it didn't work as it has no acceleration.

is @tonymacx86 test this with new MacBook Pro SMBIOS? I really wonder this can be effect something?

Thanks Brebo, I just changed the resolution and then returned to my choice resolution and it was fixed. No more flickering folks. :) However, a biggie is I lost acceleration. No more transparency here. :(

The kexts are probably not compatible with 10.12.1. It would be obvious when people look at their kextcache output:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

I checked out these kexts- they are version 10.20.25 and the binary is missing from AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext.

If you install them you won't have graphics acceleration.

Close to a fix folks. :)

Last edited:
Close to a fix folks. :)
Did you try this; I cant try right now 'cause I formatting my hackintosh.

Rev 3879
Skylake support, by goodwin_c.

Code:
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>HWPEnable</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

This variable switches on Intel Speed Shift technology.
Also named Hardware-Controlled Performance States

Present on MacBook9,1

Will give it a try now and report back.

Update: It made absolutely no difference here. Still no acceleration.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 10.02.55 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back