Graphics
HD530+GTX1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
FIXED NOW:
Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

ORIGINAL POST:

I just updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12, and there is a really annoying artifact on the upper left corner: a black region flashes all the time, exactly like description in this previous post.

My specs is as follows:
MB: ASRock z170 Fatality ITX (contains BCM94352)
CPU: i7-6700K
Mem: Kingston HyperX 3200
Boot Disk: ADATA SP920 250G
Clover: EFI-3761

Initial 10.11.6 install was performed with guide of: here (Thank you, ammulder)
There are several issues after upgrade that can be fixed:
1. ALC1150 by post: Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio
2. BCM94352 by applying clover patch
Code:
Kext:    AirPortBrcm4360
Find:    81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

*These specific memory sticks must apply "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" otherwise clover will report error
And other stuff, like Bluetooth, Ethernet have no problem running after upgrade.

Originally in 10.11.6 there is no or little artifact appear in upper left corner every now and then, but it become extremely annoying after upgrading to Sierra. Under 10.12, I tried to inject 0x19120000 AND disable injection, neither will fix the issue. What I can do is to enable dark menu bar and make the artifact less obvious, but this doesn't help much. Nor will changing color profile fix this issue.

I sincerely ask for help, and hopefully someone could help me on this. It's highly possible many other HD530 user may encounter the same issue if upgraded.

PS: I searched another forum (in Chinese), and one proposed to apply binary patch but without details (he just said you need assembly language knowledge). I am wondering if that might be a way since currently no solution can solve this artifact issue.

Last edited:
This is a known issue for 530 users and we are hopeful for a fix soon!

Yep, we have the same glitches on 10.12. On 10.11.6 works flawless without problems. I'm coming back to El Capitan. I'll install Sierra when have the fix for the HD 530 :(

Me too. I'll just sit tight in El Capitan until it is hopefully resolved. Already have my installation USB stick all set for the Sierra install though. :)

did any one of you guys try this fix:
For the glitches, increase the RAM utilization from 32MB to at least 64MB in the BIOS for iGPU.

Problem will go away.

This is what helped me

That rarely helps with the issue. I've been at 64Mb the entire time and still experience the tearing and flickering in the upper left of the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back