Contribute
Register

HD 530 Glitches under Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I tried increase of vRAM in BIOS, but it doesn't help. My vRAN was already 1024M before I tried to adjust it (in Sierra it says "Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB"). When I tried to increase that to 1.5G, my machine cannot even start (cannot be powered on). I had to clear CMOS to enter BIOS setup again. My current setting in BIOS is "Auto", which results the same glitches even though macOS reports it still has 1536 MB vRam.

I was hoping for a HD 530/Sierra fix by now but I've not seen nor heard anything further. I was hopeful maybe a fix was coming in Multibeast 9 but that doesn't seem to be the case either. No choice but to stay put in El Capitan.

I was hoping for a HD 530/Sierra fix by now but I've not seen nor heard anything further. I was hopeful maybe a fix was coming in Multibeast 9 but that doesn't seem to be the case either. Looks like I'll just stay put in El Capitan.

Yes this is a known issue in Sierra and is for now unresolved. I will notify everyone in the case of a fix. For now, either stay on El Capitan or get a discrete NVIDIA card.

Other then seeing a post or two of the 760 working right out of the box, I'm really not seeing any definitive posts recommending a specific NVIDIA card, especially for those of us who aren't big gamers etc...? Looks like most NVIDIA cards are still experiencing issues in Sierra and folks are awaiting the final release of those drivers from NVIDIA.

I have the same issue "glitch" on top left screen

the same issue on my skylake,hope apple will fix it on the new mac

According to this post drivers taken from the new released MacBooks seems to fix the glitches.

Tried it here, and upper left flickering issue is gone, but it changed some screen (red/orange) colors to blue.

I used the latest Kext Util v2.6.6 to make the changes. I've restored from a backup and made the kext changes a few times here with the same result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back