Motherboard
ASUS H81M-K
CPU
Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I must be missing something so I have to ask you guys cause this is really frustrating. I installed Sierra again yesterday and since then I can't figure out for the life of me how to get AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB to work. It is detected as 7mb, no acceleration.

I followed a guide where a guy successfully made the same GPU work. What he did is he added 0x66581002 string into AMD8000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000 kexts. I did that, nothing happened.

Also there's this big guide on how to make AMDs work by Flor!an which I followed as well. Since my GPU isn't OOB according to him I should find some similar GPU that is. So I took HD7790 since mine's a rebrand. I then changed in Clover Configurator string to 0x665C1002 (HD7790) and still it didn't work.

Every time I open boot settings in Clover it doesn't detect anything, it says 0x00000000. I changed it multiple times there and in config.plist and it's always 0x00000000. Both of these guides are different and I don't even know which one I should stick to. I really need some help on this.

One thing that might be imporant, my monitor is VGA only so it is connected to GPU by a DVI-A adapter. DVI-A adapter sends analog signal that's what I read so that also might be the reason why I can't get acceleration going.

MSI H81M-K
R7 260X 2GB OCV1
Intel Core i5-4460

I would truly appreciate any help.

Spoofing the device ID should usually do the trick. Be sure to enable both Inject/Ati and FixDisplay (as described in my guide), otherwise the spoof won't work.

Since you're on Sierra, you'll also have to boot with iGPU=Primary (or similar means) to prevent the "boot to black screen" issue.

I don't know if the HD8000 drivers still offer support for VGA connection.

Spoofing the device ID should usually do the trick. Be sure to enable both Inject/Ati and FixDisplay (as described in my guide), otherwise the spoof won't work.

Since you're on Sierra, you'll also have to boot with iGPU=Primary (or similar means) to prevent the "boot to black screen" issue.

I don't know if the HD8000 drivers still offer support for VGA connection.
Ok, somehow I managed to do it. This is how I did it in case someone else needs it. I reinstalled Sierra cause I messed up a lot of things so I though a clean installation would help out.

-didn't inject ATI in MultiBeast.
-in Clover config.plist all graphics are OFF
-changed AMD8000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000 by adding 0x66581002 in both info.plist files (In AMDRadeonX4000 you have to find Bonaire section for this GPU to add the string)
-rebooted and got black screen like you said
-in BIOS changed Primary to be iGPU, monitor cable goes into iGPU VGA slot
-while in OS graphics acceleration was still off but it looked different than before
-took the cable from iGPU and plugged it back into dedicated GPU
-graphics acceleration appeared and everything works fine for now

Ok, somehow I managed to do it. This is how I did it in case someone else needs it. I reinstalled Sierra cause I messed up a lot of things so I though a clean installation would help out.

-didn't inject ATI in MultiBeast.
-in Clover config.plist all graphics are OFF
-changed AMD8000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000 by adding 0x66581002 in both info.plist files (In AMDRadeonX4000 you have to find Bonaire section for this GPU to add the string)
-rebooted and got black screen like you said
-in BIOS changed Primary to be iGPU, monitor cable goes into iGPU VGA slot
-while in OS graphics acceleration was still off but it looked different than before
-took the cable from iGPU and plugged it back into dedicated GPU
-graphics acceleration appeared and everything works fine for now
You mean you got the R7 260x working in Sierra ? If yes m excited get mine working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back