Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z270
CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 1070
So I was able to get in and out of OS X before I applied any MultiBeast settings. I went light on MultiBeast too. I opted for the default System Definition of iMac 14,2. I didn't mess with Audio or Lan. I did set the options for Intel 5XX and the Nvidia Flag. I have also installed my Nvidia Drivers (I think), but we're currently running off my motherboard's Integrated Graphics here. Here are images of where the system is hanging:

P1060392.jpg
P1060393.jpg
P1060392.jpg P1060393.jpg

I have also installed my Nvidia Drivers (I think), but we're currently running off my motherboard's Integrated Graphics here.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Thanks BreBro. I'm working on figuring out what you mean...

In the meantime, I opted to try plugging my HDMI cable into my 1070 (instead of the motherboard). With some screen flicker, the system booted into Sierra. So I'm at my desktop now, at least! That said, the CUDA Preferences pane pops up and says no GPU is detected, which is odd, since my GPU is powering my screen. More to work on...

The pre-install guide I was able to follow. The post-install information is a lot harder to figure out. =)

GTX 1070 is fully operational. Computer runs just fine with the monitor plugged into it. I did inject those two kexts, but that itself hasn't fixed the boot issue when trying to use the integrated graphics. Plugging the monitor into the motherboard is still a no go, but the good news is I can easily get to the desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back