Contribute
Register

Handoff Option Missing in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
(...) I'm running Clover (...)

Do you recommend running on Clover? I just came across clover when trying to fix my iMessage. I'm currently using the Chimera bootloader, any idea how to move to Clover and maybe some own experience from the past(?). Would be great to have some advice :D

Hey there,

first of all thank you demonknight9 for starting and managing this thread, which is worth a lot. I also ordered an original WiFi card plus adapter, but took a slightly different road. I ordered the BCM94360CD card, which is the one from the latest iMac along with the PCI-e 1X adapter. In total I payed (including shipping) around 45 €, which is considerably cheap in my opinion (plus its the newest WiFi + BT chip set). Lets see how it goes when the parts are here... Downside is the long shipping time of 2-3 weeks, but I'll be patient.

Keep up the good thread guys! :)

VZVL

I didn't start this thread. I had a bit of input to share in this thread and would like to keep it clean so others can gather the needed info when they land here.

Yeah, thats the card I got. I paid £50 which is substantially more but had free next day delivery.

The problem with ordering from china with tempting low prices is the hidden customs.

Hope you don't have any problems.

Keep us updated will you?

Really wish i had seen these posts 24 hours ago. I just ordered a BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, which seems obsolete now.

Spang1974

The AzureWave AW-CE123H is less than half the price of the Apple one. I think it does support Airdrop but not sure if it's legacy AirDrop?

I fell for the same thing and bought two wifi cards and 3 bt adapter before I gave up and just bought the real thing.

Now they are all on ebay on auction for less than what I paid and barely used. :(

I should've just got the Apple card to begin with and save myself some money.

Hi Demonknight9,

Great work, i have just purchased one of these cards. Do you know if handoff still only works with the correct/compatible system definition even if you have the correct hardware? I'm hoping to use an older system definition.

cheers

Hi Demonknight9,

Great work, i have just purchased one of these cards. Do you know if handoff still only works with the correct/compatible system definition even if you have the correct hardware? I'm hoping to use an older system definition.

cheers

I don't know. What system definition are you thinking of using?

Hi Demonknight9,

cheers
From what I've seen, it doesn't matter which system definition you use, as long as you remove the blacklists in the bluetooth kext. Mac Pro 3,1s are using it with the new Wifi AC cards without kext mods.

cheers guys, i was hoping to use iMac8,1 for iMessage reasons. My card hasn't turned up so i'll have to give it a go next week. Which bluetooth kext contains the blacklists?

I thought the option was removed from system preferences in the late betas? You say it's still in your real mac? Handoff is dependant on bluetooth 4.0 and wifi. Ideally you would have an apple combined bt and wifi card. If you don't, it's a hit and miss. The usb bt is a no go and also the atheros wifi cards

I just bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABWB-WIFI...ther_Computing_Networking&hash=item2ed608e2df cheapest I found already assembled

The listing is dead, the new listing is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABWB-WIFI-Bluetooth-Wireless-PCI-E-Card-For-Apple-Hackintosh-MAC-OS-X-Computer-/400795926463

The card is BCM94360CD
:)

Attachments

• DSC1_0207.jpg
    DSC1_0207.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back