Contribute
Register

Handoff Option Missing in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 94360 card + adapter installed in my system and now air drop works. I see handoff is enabled in system preferences but my iphone and my hack doesn't seem to interact. I can see my iphone in my finder/airdrop and able to exchange files, but not handoff.

I am using MacPro5,1 for my sambas. Does this matter?

I read other forum showing MacPro5,1 with 94360 card works OOTB.

I got 94360 card + adapter installed in my system and now air drop works. I see handoff is enabled in system preferences but my iphone and my hack doesn't seem to interact. I can see my iphone in my finder/airdrop and able to exchange files, but not handoff.

I am using MacPro5,1 for my sambas. Does this matter?

I read other forum showing MacPro5,1 with 94360 card works OOTB.

Try turning Bluetooth off on your hack and iPhone and signing out of iCloud on both devices, sign back in, turn bluetooth on and reboot both device and hack. This ultimately did the trick for me.

EDIT: Also looks like MacPro5,1 isn't compatible per Apple. Both 5,1 models were made Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 and the only Mac Pro that is supported in Late 2013(the new black one).

Handoff and Instant Hotspot are supported by the following Mac models, and require OS X Yosemite:

MacBook Air (Mid 2012 and later)
MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 and later)
iMac (Late 2012 and later)
Mac mini (Late 2012 and later)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Pro

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6337

Another alternative maybe here: https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool/
(I have not personally tested this)

-OR-

You could change you smbios to something that is supported if possible.

Last edited:
The activation tool page shows MacPro5,1 equipped with 94360CD card works without activation tool patch. I will have to try with different smbios but it's kinda PIA as you have to mess with iMessages and FaceTime when dealing with smbios.

I just had clean up my setting and my iCloud account. with MacPro5,1, handoff works fine. All good with 94360CD card. Definitely a good investment.

Man... It's really getting to be an uphill climb to get a fully working machine these days. Between Message and things like this, I'm about to throw in the towel.

So I'm using a BCM94360CD. I finally got handoff working with my iPad and phone.

After messing with all of that and ditching my old USB BT adapter, I needed to repair my Apple Trackpad. I connect it and I can't go into trackpad settings in System Preferences. As soon as I click Trackpad, System Preferences crashes.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hi ! First of all thanks for all the info. I bought the famous wifi + BT on ebay. Recognized without problems. At first the BT seemed to have a really short range but it seems ok now (probably the antenna was not properly screwed, am I right to assume they’re all the same even if one is for the BT ?).

I can use airdrop with my iPhone 5S, but it’s incredibly slow (like 30 seconds before the iPhone ask for me to accept the file). Don’t know if it’s a correct behavior since I haven’t used airdrop before :). The problem is when I try to answer a call, I clic on accept, and after like 5-8 seconds, it will tell me that there was an error.

So, I tried to log out from iCloud on both devices, turn off bluetooth, log in again, restart and turn bluetooth back on. The only difference is that I don’t see the call on the Hack anymore :). But I can still make a connection to the iPhone with bluetooth, and airdrop is still there too, even if it’s still slow. My Hack definition is an iMac 14,2. Any insight ? Thanks a lot !

So I synced my phone with computer, and tried again, nothing. At the end of the day, while someone called me, the onscreen notification was back, so, for the fun, I clicked "accept", and ... it worked. Don't know at all what happened, done nothing more between "not working" to "working". Hope this will not be an on & off situation.

Now, I'd like to make iMessage work, but thats another story :D

I ordered the card from OSXWifi and installed it yesterday. I was able to successfully get my Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard working however, in Sys Pref > General there is no Handoff option? Bluetooth is turned on, on all of my devices, I'm running definition (14,1) iMac. Any ideas?

RehabMan,

Just tried and realised I was on 10.10.3?

Tried entering the Find and Replace values in the KextsToPatch on config.plist. That was all I tried and after a restart no luck the option was still missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back