Contribute
Register

Handoff Option Missing in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us updated will you?

Sooo, I just got the WiFi card adapter to 1xPCIe (earlier than I thought) and now I'm just waiting for my WiFi card to arrive. Hope to have it in my hands soon. I'll let you guys know when I installed it and whether Handoff works (I'm currently using MacPro 3,1 as a system definition, so lets see...)

I can confirm that the card that was listed in this thread works with both WiFi and bluetooth. (Handoff is now enabled).

Happy hackintoshing!

so my card finally tunred up, wifi, bluetooth work fine. Handoff feature appears in the setting but can't actully get it to work yet. I've made sure the feature is turned on in all my devices and have signed out and back in of iCloud, no joy, any ideas?

cheers

so my card finally tunred up, wifi, bluetooth work fine. Handoff feature appears in the setting but can't actully get it to work yet. I've made sure the feature is turned on in all my devices and have signed out and back in of iCloud, no joy, any ideas?

cheers

You will have to sign out from iCloud on the hack.

cheers, all working now, signed out of icloud on iphone, ipad and Hack. Turned off/on bluetooth. Signed back into icloud on all devices. Toggled the handoff option off/on in 10.10 settings.

I was also able to set this up with a BCM94360CD and PCIe adapter card. I am using System Def iMac14,2 and I had to turn off bluetooth on all devices, (Mac Mini, MBP, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+ and Hack) sign out of iCloud on all of my devices and sign back in and reboot the Hack and iPhone. Now all continuity features are working(HandOff (both ways), Instant Hotspot, Air Drop, Answering Phone calls, etc)

Good Luck to all.

Here are the links I used to buy the hardware:

Adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161430850181?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Card
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191029765954?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hey guys,

so today I finally received all the parts. After installing it into the hackintosh the WiFi instantaneously worked. Problem is, no bluetooth for some reason (not even recognised). Does anyone have similar problems? I mean how did you connect the USB cable for the bluetooth (is it even necessary?).
Heres a picture with the wifi card and bluetooth USB plugged into an internal USB header (Ga-Z77X-UD5H):
IMG_2384.jpgIMG_2385.jpg

Hey guys,

so today I finally received all the parts. After installing it into the hackintosh the WiFi instantaneously worked. Problem is, no bluetooth for some reason (not even recognised). Does anyone have similar problems? I mean how did you connect the USB cable for the bluetooth (is it even necessary?).
Heres a picture with the wifi card and bluetooth USB plugged into an internal USB header (Ga-Z77X-UD5H):
View attachment 112197View attachment 112198

It was plug and play for me. You connect the USB cable from the card into the adapter for the USB 9pin connector. Once you have it connected that way directly from the card to the motherboards USB 2.0 9pin connector, it should work just fine. The USB portion is necessary for the bluetooth to work.

Try the other header. If that doesn't do it, try a different slot. I'd check for continuity, from connector to connector on each wire, on that usb cable. It could be bad.

Hmm, okay. I tried both ports but none of them seem to work. I guess the next thing to do would be to buy an adapter in order to try out the external USB ports :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back