Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Hackintosh only boots with USB Stick inserted (although it's formatted) / Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • You have pasted the EFI Folder from the macOS Mojave USB installer to the mounted EFI Partition like EFI/EFI (NOT inside the EFI Folder like /EFI/EFI/EFI ) of the Mojave HDD, right?

• You have also made the Mojave System Disk as 1st Boot Device in BIOS_Boot Option Priorities List
  • If both are done as above, no new suggestions. If not done , please do so.

To make sure I did everything right I have a picture where I show what folder I've copied.
In addition to that there is the, EFI folder I copied from the USB installer. Maybe somebody could check for missing or wrong files.

I'll test the EFI from maoule otherwise. Thank you for providing it.

@jpz4085 I already installed the Legacy Boot Mode in Multibeast, is there any difference by using the Clover package (where do I get this?)
But I will look for the “Customize“ button, haven't noticed it before.
And the config.pList should be copied already because I transfered the whole EFI folder from the stick to the HDD.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
I already installed the Legacy Boot Mode in Multibeast, is there any difference by using the Clover package (where do I get this?)

I haven't installed in Legacy mode from MultiBeast so I can't speak to differences but you can download Clover itself from either the TonyMacX86 downloads section or from Sourceforge. It still sounds like your hard disk doesn't have a bootable MBR. The Customize button is in the Clover installer package.

To make sure I did everything right I have a picture where I show what folder I've copied.
In addition to that there is the, EFI folder I copied from the USB installer. Maybe somebody could check for missing or wrong files.

I'll test the EFI from maoule otherwise. Thank you for providing it.

@jpz4085 I already installed the Legacy Boot Mode in Multibeast, is there any difference by using the Clover package (where do I get this?)
And the config.pList should be copied already because I transfered the whole EFI folder from the stick to the HDD.View attachment 389956

• I was away for a day.
  • I just saw your uploaded EFI.zip after you made the changes.
  • Unfortunately I did not see a verbose boot screen to show what happened when you used that EFI in the Mojave system disk and booted that.
  • I checked your Uploaded EFI and the screen captutre of the CLOVERFileTree
  • Uploaded the config.plist screen capture of ACPI to System Parameters.

Attachments

• 1.CloverFiletree.png
    1.CloverFiletree.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.config.plist_ACPI_1.png
    2.config.plist_ACPI_1.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 2.config.plist_ACPI_2.png
    2.config.plist_ACPI_2.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.config.plist_Boot.png
    3.config.plist_Boot.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 4.config.plist_Devices.png
    4.config.plist_Devices.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 5.config.plistGui.png
    5.config.plistGui.png
    224 KB · Views: 120
  • 7.config.plist_Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    7.config.plist_Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 8.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    8.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 9.config.plistSMBIO.png
    9.config.plistSMBIO.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 10.config.plist_System Parameters.png
    10.config.plist_System Parameters.png
    227 KB · Views: 129
So what I am going to do next?
Should I try the EFI from maoule or change all the settings cmn699 gave me in the screenshots?
And how can you see my verbose boot screen then? @cmn699
Is there something I need to do? I always boot in verbose mode.

So what I am going to do next?
Should I try the EFI from maoule or change all the settings cmn699 gave me in the screenshots?
Is there something I need to do? I always boot in verbose mode.

Did you boot the Macos Mojave HDD in Verbose mode AFTER you pasted the EFI Folder on its EFI Partition you had uploaded?

• You did not upload a screen shot to see where it failed.

• However, I guessed it would not boot the System Disk to login screen, as the CLOVER/kexts/Other and config.plist would not support the AMD Radeon Rx570 in the system unless they are edited with the inclusion of needed kexts in /kexts/other and removal of Nvidia Injection (as shown in the edited images); you have NO NVIDIA card in your Computer and why is there config.plist_Graphics [√]Inject Nvidia?
Should I try the EFI from maoule
I would rather maoule elaborate on how you should use the uploaded EFI.
Like I have shown in my uploaded Screen shots, you can check its contents and see if that would have all the needed kexts to support the booting and your hard disk's Library/Extensions have the needed kexts once CLOVER hands over boot to the System Disk toward the end of booting.

Last edited:
At the time I was trying to get Mojave going, I was having several issues (one that was similar to yours) and tried many different combinations that weren't working. IIRC, I kinda started over using Clover_v2.4k_r4586-Legacy since it offered more legacy support. From there, I was able to get things working. If my EFI doesn't work for you, here's the pkg I used..maybe it will get you going.
P.S. Something else I remember, any time I had my High Sierra SSD connected to the system with the Mojave SSD, I wasn't making any progress. After I got everything going, I migrated everything using TM backup and didn't bother figuring out the issue with the HS SSD.

Attachments

• Clover_v2.4k_r4586-Legacy.pkg.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 150
Hey! It finally worked out by using the EFI from @maoule and installing the Clover package legacy mode.
Now the hackintosh boots fine!

There are 2 big issues left:
- programs like iTunes take nearly 8-10 seconds to open although I'm using a SSD which isn't working on Sata3 yet :(
And the second problem is that I chose “no internet device or something while installing OSX. Now there is nothing in the system preferences. No ethernet controller or something. In the system report there is nothing under network or ethernet cards.
In MultiBeast I chose the Realtek RTL8111 driver, first the v.2.2.2 and later the v2.0, but nothing changed.

Any ideas or helping threads? I found nothing.

Sorry guys, I forgot to activate LAN in the bios again, it's showing up now.

So all in all my biggest problem is solved, the hackintosh boots perfectly without needing the usb stick. So should I tag this thread "SOLVED"?
Thanks a lot for all your help! I had no idea what to do and there where so many answeres and useful tips from you!
I'm happy that it worked out so nice :D

By the way my RX570 is only working in 8 PCIe Lanes but this is a common issue I think. I'll search for this problem in other threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back