Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Hackintosh only boots with USB Stick inserted (although it's formatted) / Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I followed all your instructions. Below I attach my Clover folder. Was a bit difficult to get it up here and Clover onto the Hackintosh without working Ethernet but that's another topic I guess. Probably a wrong MultiBeast setting.

I hope you can help me by “reading“ my folder :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 111
Okay, I followed all your instructions. Below I attach my Clover folder. Was a bit difficult to get it up here and Clover onto the Hackintosh without working Ethernet but that's another topic I guess. Probably a wrong MultiBeast setting.

I hope you can help me by “reading“ my folder :)
  1. Edited CLOVER_FileTree Screen Capture from CCV showing missing files causing the problems.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER_FileTree.png
    1.CLOVER_FileTree.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 329
Where can I get the missing files? In the folder I will delete the unnecessary folders first.
You found the problem really quick, thanks!

Where can I get the missing files? In the folder I will delete the unnecessary folders first.
You found the problem really quick, thanks!
  • The easiest way is to "borrow" the CLOVER folder from your Working USB installer disk that has everything it needs to take your Mojave system disk from BIOS>Boot Disk Selection screen >CBM screen>Login screen >Desktop.
    • Its EFI is good because it helped to support this system disk to reach the Desktop.
  • This is what you can do from your Mojave Desktop
    • Mount the EFI Partitions of both macOSMojave USB installer (white icon) and macOSMojave System Disk-(the black icon ) on the Desktop
    • Copy Clover from USB's EFI folder and temporarily Paste it on the Desktop
    • Go to macOSMojave's EFI>EFI folder and trash anything you find there.
    • Empty Trash can
    • Copy the Previously pasted CLOVER and put it inside the EFI folder (now empty) of macOSMojave System disk.
  • What have you done up to this point: You deleted 'the bad CLOVER" of System disk that lacked needed AptioFix....efi files and replaced it with a "Good Clover" from your USB to make the System disk to appear in CBM without the help of USB installer and boot and reach Desktop.
  • Your System disk may need fine-tuning once it is back on Desktop.
  • If you need help then, upload screen captures of
    • "Apple>AboutThisMac" >Overview>MacOSMojave -Version Screen ( click on Version befiore screen capture)
    • System report.. Hardware>Hardware Overeview> screen capture
    • Audio : screen Capture
    • Ethernet
    • Graphics & Display
    • all such hardware listed below up to WiFi
  • Why should you bother to upload them?
  • They are the "Device Manager" equivalent in Mac and will help to identify what devices have had Kexts installed and which one needs help from Forum.

Unfortunately this changed nothing, it won't find the HDD without the stick. I exactly copied the Clover folder, but maybe the Boot folder in EFI is necessary too. And is it normal that OSX won't boot until O add -v in the boot flags?

Unfortunately this changed nothing, it won't find the HDD without the stick. I exactly copied the Clover folder, but maybe the Boot folder in EFI is necessary too. And is it normal that OSX won't boot until O add -v in the boot flags?
You are right. Copy the whole EFI and paste.

The problem still exists. I've pressed Power and pressed F12 to choose the HDD, the stick was unplugged. It's stuck at the typical blank black screen. Any ideas left?

Note:
Although I formatted the USB stick the EFI ist still on it, that's the reason why the hack boots at all.

The problem still exists. I've pressed Power and pressed F12 to choose the HDD, the stick was unplugged. It's stuck at the typical blank black screen. Any ideas left?

Note:
Although I formatted the USB stick the EFI ist still on it, that's the reason why the hack boots at all.

• You have pasted the EFI Folder from the macOS Mojave USB installer to the mounted EFI Partition like EFI/EFI (NOT inside the EFI Folder like /EFI/EFI/EFI ) of the Mojave HDD, right?

• You have also made the Mojave System Disk as 1st Boot Device in BIOS_Boot Option Priorities List
  • If both are done as above, no new suggestions. If not done , please do so.

I have the same motherboard, different cpu...here's my efi, if that helps. I'm upgrading to Z370/i5-8400 tomorrow; if you need anything else, post it early and I'll try to accommodate before I start.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.3 MB · Views: 115

Note:

From what I can find online your motherboard doesn't have any UEFI support and you're booting in Legacy mode as you indicated previously. It sounds to me like a bootable MBR has not been written to your hard disk. I'd suggest doing what P1LGRIM said and download the Clover package then install in Legacy mode. Make sure you choose "Customize" and "Boot Sectors" then the one appropriate for your system. You don't need the Aptio memory fix or HFS drivers because you're using the Clover emulated firmware which already contains those. After that copy the working config.plist from the USB to the hard disk EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back