i8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Back in january i managed to build my first hackintosh build with High Sierra, RX580, i5 8400, z370, samsung m.2 evo etc.
The machine has been working just fine until yesterday, where i turned it on and after 30 seconds it started to freeze for 3-5 seconds, then for 1 (!!!) second it worked fine and freeze again after and so on... The wierd thing is that the mouse cursor works fine all the time, but the buttons doesn't.

I have managed to record a movie of it in the pausescreen on my phone, where it easier to see what happens.

Do you think it is a Hackintosh problem or a common Mac problem? There is no programs open except Finder. In my BIOS menu it works fine and the temperatures are fine.

Video of pausescreen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82x4kza0wkcvm11/IMG_7121.MOV?dl=0

Thanks,

- Fred

Is it only during/after Sleep?

It happens every time I turn it on.

But I have managed to come a little bit further....

I created a new user in OSX with admin privileges etc. And if I log in with this user everthing is fine. if I then log into the normal user it keeps freezing. All apps/programs are on both users. I have not tested if it is iCloud that fails because that is maybe the only thing that isn't logged in to the test user.

I also took some screenshots of the console.app from both users:
The first one is the normal account that doesn't work and the second is the new test user. Not sure what it means... :(

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2018-05-12 kl. 15.59.28.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-05-12 kl. 15.59.28.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
  • Skærmbillede 2018-05-12 kl. 15.59.47.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-05-12 kl. 15.59.47.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 252
It happens every time I turn it on.

But I have managed to come a little bit further....

I created a new user in OSX with admin privileges etc. And if I log in with this user everthing is fine. if I then log into the normal user it keeps freezing. All apps/programs are on both users. I have not tested if it is iCloud that fails because that is maybe the only thing that isn't logged in to the test user.

I also took some screenshots of the console.app from both users:
The first one is the normal account that doesn't work and the second is the new test user. Not sure what it means... :(

It may be a long shot, but if one user is working fine and another is not, you should boot into recovery and use Disk Utility to Verify and Repair Disk Permissions. While in Recovery, open Terminal and type 'repairhomepermissions'. If that doesn't work, in terminal window, type resetpassword. Press return and you'll get a popup window. We aren't actually resetting the password, but select your startup disk, the problem account, and click Reset next to Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back