Asus Prime B460M-A
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Issue #1: My hackintosh keeps rebooting randomly without any other information, all I get is a message when I get back to my mac saying that the PC has shutdown unexpectedly, also the American Megatrends error shows up when booting...

Issue #2: When I shutdown my mac it does not shut down, it reboots, and also showes the American Megatrends error.

Issue #3: When I reboot my mac, I see the American Megatrends error.

Motherboard: Asus Prime B460M-A
CPU: i5 10400F
GPU: RX 580
RAM: 16GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 30
Issue #1: My hackintosh keeps rebooting randomly without any other information, all I get is a message when I get back to my mac saying that the PC has shutdown unexpectedly, also the American Megatrends error shows up when booting...

Issue #2: When I shutdown my mac it does not shut down, it reboots, and also showes the American Megatrends error.

Issue #3: When I reboot my mac, I see the American Megatrends error.

Motherboard: Asus Prime B460M-A
CPU: i5 10400F
GPU: RX 580
RAM: 16GB
Even though you list it in the post please update your build information for future reference for anyone trying to help you. Meanwhile your UTBMap.kext is likely causing your issues, you have 20 ports enabled which is five more than OSX can understand. You also have all lot of ports labeled as USB3, only 4 are set as USB 2, and two SS0 ports, 7&8, which are labeled as 255. Here is what Asus says about your board:
Rear USB Port ( Total 6 )
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) port(s)(4 x Type-A)
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)(2 x Type-A)
Front USB Port ( Total 6 )
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) port(s)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)

I had the easiest time mapping a Z690 board by adding USBInjectAll.Kext and enabling the XhciPortLimit quirk and then using either Hackintool or USBMapMaster form CorpNewt. You will need to have updated to OpenCore 9.4 though. Either that or pay more attention to the ports you are enabling in USBMapTool

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I have done what you told me, and it did not work, unfortunately.
The BIOS error (American Megatrends) still shows up and my Mac still reboots randomly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 25
Away from my computer for the rest of the day so unable to open your EFI. I gave you a few choices, what did you end up doing? Something to note is that none of these tools are perfect and typically require user review and editing of the final result. Random reboots can also be caused by other issues but what stood out and a common cause was your USB port map

Away from my computer for the rest of the day so unable to open your EFI. I gave you a few choices, what did you end up doing? Something to note is that none of these tools are perfect and typically require user review and editing of the final result. Random reboots can also be caused by other issues but what stood out and a common cause was your USB port map
I mapped the USB ports man, IDK what else to do. I couldn't find a solution to my issue yet :(

BTW, my GPU is (XFX GTS RX 580 XXX 8 GB) to be exact

I mapped the USB ports man, IDK what else to do. I couldn't find a solution to my issue yet :(

BTW, my GPU is (XFX GTS RX 580 XXX 8 GB) to be exact
Mapping USB Ports can be a bit of an exercise, what version OpenCore are you using? The attached is OC9.5 and has USBInjectAll.kext and Xhciportlimit quirk enabled which is what you need to then map your USB Ports. I also added another ACPI file for ASUS boards that may help

Your current USBPort map is still wrong in that there are no SS0 ports identified, only HS0 ports which is a fail.

Attachments

• EFI-4.zip
    6 MB · Views: 24
Mapping USB Ports can be a bit of an exercise, what version OpenCore are you using? The attached is OC9.5 and has USBInjectAll.kext and Xhciportlimit quirk enabled which is what you need to then map your USB Ports. I also added another ACPI file for ASUS boards that may help

Your current USBPort map is still wrong in that there are no SS0 ports identified, only HS0 ports which is a fail.
Thanks for the reply!

I believe that the OC that I am using is 9.5.0 which is the latest version as far as I know.

My USB3.0 ports don't work when I plug in a USB3.0 device, that's why SS0 Ports are not present, I believe. Also, I might have discovered something... when I plug in a USB device in my Case's IO, my Mac reboots.

Thanks for the reply!

I believe that the OC that I am using is 9.5.0 which is the latest version as far as I know.

My USB3.0 ports don't work when I plug in a USB3.0 device, that's why SS0 Ports are not present, I believe. Also, I might have discovered something... when I plug in a USB device in my Case's IO, my Mac reboots.
If you are thinking it’s hardware related check to see if that behavior repeats in another operating system. I’m betting it won’t.

@Yamen-Mac-User,

If that's the case of the system rebooting I'd advise to have your system checked out. I'd advise to try a PC based tool like Memtest86 to check if your system is in order. If the system reboots in such manner and it also displays a fault at BIOS level it's possible either something like your memory or CMOS battery is at fault (or worse). Another way to test is to remove the RX580 and boot purely with the Intel IGPU and see if the error still shows. Also if you are using a SSD or NVMe drive to also see if there are firmware updates for those too.

If you are thinking it’s hardware related check to see if that behavior repeats in another operating system. I’m betting it won’t.
Yeah, I got Windows installed and it works just like normal.

Back