Contribute
Register

Hack keeps rebooting randomly...

@Yamen-Mac-User,

If that's the case of the system rebooting I'd advise to have your system checked out. I'd advise to try a PC based tool like Memtest86 to check if your system is in order. If the system reboots in such manner and it also displays a fault at BIOS level it's possible either something like your memory or CMOS battery is at fault (or worse). Another way to test is to remove the RX580 and boot purely with the Intel IGPU and see if the error still shows. Also if you are using a SSD or NVMe drive to also see if there are firmware updates for those too.
I will try to diagnose my PC, but chances are that it's a software issue and not a hardware issue, since windows works fine on my PC.

I once couldn't install hack because my ram was messed up, so I had to downgrade from 32GB to 16GB, if my ram got f-ed up again, that would be sad.

@Middleman @Leesureone
Nothing is wrong with my hardware, its all a software issue.

Issues that are still present:

Issue #1: on shutdown/reboot bios error shows up.
Issue #2: USB 3.0 devices are not working in USB 3.0 ports, but works in USB2.0 ports. USB 2.0 devices are working in both 3.0 and 2.0 USB ports.

Good news: System now rarely randomly reboots, but random reboots are still present.

This is my EFI folder, I have not mapped my USBs because of Issue #2.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
If
Yeah, I got Windows installed and it works just like normal.
it’s not randomly rebooting in Windows then then I’d say it’s either something up with the drive OSx is installed on or it’s your USB configuration.
What type of drive are you using for OSx? Also have you tried the EFI folder I uploaded?

If

it’s not randomly rebooting in Windows then then I’d say it’s either something up with the drive OSx is installed on or it’s your USB configuration.
What type of drive are you using for OSx? Also have you tried the EFI folder I uploaded?
Damn, I forgot about the EFI folder, I will try it right now and tell you, will take 10 minutes max.

I am using an Intel SSD, which is old, but I also have it on an HDD, which the issue are still present on the HDD.

If

I tried your EFI, and it just did not boot. it just got stuck here.
IMG_8097.jpeg

Turn off the ACPI/ RHUB-SSDT.aml in the config.plist and it should boot
Alright, I will try that now, BTW I upgraded to Ventura thinking it would fix anything, it did not, but it did not ruin anything.

@Leesureone

Update: My Mac is not rebooting randomly anymore, unless I plug a USB 3.0 into a USB 3.0 port, so I will need to work on the mapping. I also changed my SMBIOS to MacPro 7,1, just because it has better support for rx580.

Also, the BIOS error is still present.

That did not work, I disabled the SSDT-RHUB.aml
Kernel panic or stalled boot? It’s basically your EFI with USBInjectAll enabled and the XhciPortlimit quirk enabled, without the RHUB-SSDT. With this upload I took the EFI you uploaded last and added a kernel patch to see if stops you entering the bios. See if it helps, besides that you are right, your USB configuration is backed. As of OC 9.4 the Xhciportlimit quirk works again as long as you use USBInjectAll.kext. Then you can't take for granted the results are right....
I doubt you need the XHCI-unsupported.kext but it probably won't do anything to hurt either.

Attachments

• EFI-8.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
Back