Contribute
Register

Hack Desk

Changed our upstairs setup a little. "Mini-ITX 1" was given to #2 daughter with Windows 10 installed. "Mini-ITX 2" is now downstairs with Windows 11 on it. Needed that to play Cyan's "Firmament" with an AMD Radeon RX 6400 graphics card. (Cyan requires the Mac OS version to be Ventura, and I will not upgrade to that.)

So upstairs now has "Mini-ITX 3" running High Sierra (and its Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti OC graphics card) in its Thermaltake SD-101 case. And my Early 2005 PPC G5 is still there and still working.

Upstairs 2023.jpg

Changed our upstairs setup a little. "Mini-ITX 1" was given to #2 daughter with Windows 10 installed. "Mini-ITX 2" is now downstairs with Windows 11 on it. Needed that to play Cyan's "Firmament" with an AMD Radeon RX 6400 graphics card. (Cyan requires the Mac OS version to be Ventura, and I will not upgrade to that.)

So upstairs now has "Mini-ITX 3" running High Sierra (and its Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti OC graphics card) in its Thermaltake SD-101 case. And my Early 2005 PPC G5 is still there and still working.

View attachment 567212
Show me the untidy messy cables!.

Look under the keyboard pull-out, on the floor against the wall. Others in a bag in the closet. :geek:
I love the smell of an untidy desk in the morning!. wstrohm, go big and bold with your cable mis-management, express your appreciation and let those cables loose!.

desk.jpg

@craighazan

I also see you are a fellow 3D print enthusiast with the Ender in the corner there...
Myself, I've been doing it too for a few years since 2016. I have about 5 printers so far including two I had fully built myself.

@craighazan

I also see you are a fellow 3D print enthusiast with the Ender in the corner there...
Myself, I've been doing it too for a few years since 2016. I have about 5 printers so far including two I had fully built myself.
Five!… Built your own!… show me, show us the desk!.

@craighazan Alright but you won't see much! These are some of the units I've had over the years:

Migbot Prusa i3
Sunhokey i4
Velleman K8200
KISS 3D
Reach 3D

velleman-1.jpeg

Capture_600x-k8200.jpeg

sunhokey-i4.jpeg

17cd1e3d-e9b3-4851-a5a5-7d6fa28e57e4.jpeg

Back