Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. Im interested on buy this laptop. I have a question. Does photoshop run well? I need for graphic design a laptop but a decent macbook its teally expensive and not upgradable, so i prefer going with this. Could anyone who tested this tell me any experience? Since it will only use the hd 620 i asked before i buy :)! Thanks

Hello guys. Im interested on buy this laptop. I have a question. Does photoshop run well? I need for graphic design a laptop but a decent macbook its teally expensive and not upgradable, so i prefer going with this. Could anyone who tested this tell me any experience? Since it will only use the hd 620 i asked before i buy :)! Thanks
I've been working with graphics and video on this laptop for about two months and everything is fine. I have i7 + 16Gb RAM configuration. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, Principle, Affinity Designer, Pixelmator, Final Cut everything works without lags even on complex projects with a lot of artboards

I've been working with graphics and video on this laptop for about two months and everything is fine. I have i7 + 16Gb RAM configuration. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, Principle, Affinity Designer, Pixelmator, Final Cut everything works without lags even on complex projects with a lot of artboards
Nice ty!!

Im having troubles get native wifi working... @owenlars , do you have 10.13.6 working system with wifi? I'm using release 1.2.7 of @Steeeeeeve https://github.com/stevezhengshiqi/XiaoMi-Pro/releases
But not wifi at all. I'm using A+E key adapter, like I did in my other notebook pro (I have 2 of them, the one which works, is using 10.13.4). But with my new notebook pro 15, I does not work.

This time, instead of male-female MHF4 cables, I'm using other antennas directly to broadcom card, but this is not the reason my system does not recognize the airport wifi.

I followed your guide like last time, I installed in /S/L/E FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and nothing.

SOLVED: I have bought 2nd chip on aliexpress and didn't work. I've bought the guide one, and works perfectly now.

Last edited:
Im having troubles get native wifi working... @owenlars , do you have 10.13.6 working system with wifi? I'm using release 1.2.7 of @Steeeeeeve https://github.com/stevezhengshiqi/XiaoMi-Pro/releases
But not wifi at all. I'm using A+E key adapter, like I did in my other notebook pro (I have 2 of them, the one which works, is using 10.13.4). But with my new notebook pro 15, I does not work.

This time, instead of male-female MHF4 cables, I'm using other antennas directly to broadcom card, but this is not the reason my system does not recognize the airport wifi.

I followed your guide like last time, I installed in /S/L/E FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and nothing.

SOLVED: I have bought 2nd chip on aliexpress and didn't work. I've bought the guide one, and works perfectly now.
Hi @alexmenn glad you solved your issue. You mentioned that you were using "other antennas directly to broadcom card". I am just curious to know how good is your signal strength from those other antennas? Where did you place them inside the laptop? Most of the enclosure is metalic, so will reduce the signal quite a lot. The reason I used the original antennas is that they are located inside the hinge, which is plastic to allow the signals through.

Hi @alexmenn glad you solved your issue. You mentioned that you were using "other antennas directly to broadcom card". I am just curious to know how good is your signal strength from those other antennas? Where did you place them inside the laptop? Most of the enclosure is metalic, so will reduce the signal quite a lot. The reason I used the original antennas is that they are located inside the hinge, which is plastic to allow the signals through.
The signal is very good. I installed them on the battery, and good signal :)

I dared to install Mojave because Steve's repo says it is compatible. So I quickly created a USB stick and loaded the current EFI from the repo. After the installation Mojave is not bootable and hangs even after using various boot flags at the error USBMSC Identifier (non unique). Any clues?

I dared to install Mojave because Steve's repo says it is compatible. So I quickly created a USB stick and loaded the current EFI from the repo. After the installation Mojave is not bootable and hangs even after using various boot flags at the error USBMSC Identifier (non unique). Any clues?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back