CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am one of those wishing for longer battery life and I can't thank you enough for your consideration and your effort in tweaking your EFI (well, aside from buying you a beer, that is!).
Now I am in a bit of a pickle: I am trying to get the smbios 15.2 to work correctly and I successfully prepared a USB stick with the right HS image. Using Clover I placed your EFI folder in the USB efi partition and it boots alright, but for some reason the trackpad is not recognised (it asks to connect the bluetooth mouse). Anything I am doing wrong? (I don't have a spare mouse right now to use)

L.
The trackpad in my release can't been recognized during installation because some sort of kextcache reason. You can try a wired mouse or use origin VoodooI2C*.kext from https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/releases. Normally, after the installation, cleaning the kextcache by typing "sudo kextcache -i /" in Terminal or using KextUtility can make the trackpad work after a restart.

Motherboard
Dell E7450
CPU
i5-5300u
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone can confirm the USB-C ports will work with USB-C monitor (with USB-C cable) ?

Motherboard
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro i7
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You need to install macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112), 17G65 can't be booted if you choose 15,2 in SMBIOS. You have to find the dmg source by yourself according to the thread rule.

There are any increments of performance after doing the update and setting 15,2 instead of 14,1?

Motherboard
Mi NoteBook Pro 15.6''
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
There are any increments of performance after doing the update and setting 15,2 instead of 14,1?
I think not. I tried once and encountered slow boot and wrong USB information in `System Information.app`. Also, because that CPUFriend can override the model (written in config-SMBIOS)'s resource PM file in X86PlatformPlugin.kext, the CPU performance won't be promoted theoretically.

Reference: https://github.com/PMheart/CPUFriend

Last edited:
Motherboard
Mi NoteBook Pro 15.6''
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@Razorkey
Hi, your guide is really specific and helpful, and thank you for mentioning me in your post. Because my recent release supports Mojave, what about writing a guide in Mojave section? If you need my help, I recently have some time to do this.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620, MX 150 (Disabled)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@Razorkey
Hi, your guide is really specific and helpful, and thank you for mentioning me in your post. Because my recent release supports Mojave, what about writing a guide in Mojave section? If you need my help, I recently have some time to do this.

Hi @Steeeeeeve . Thank you for the nice words, but you are the one doing the real work here. I am just trying to keep track of what people say.

Indeed, I can post on the Mojave forum a similar guide. I was waiting the final release to put it on my machine as I am using it as my daily driver basically. I'll get to it over the next few days as I am currently on holiday :).

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASROCK Z390 EXTREME4
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
ATI7770
Anyone can confirm the USB-C ports will work with USB-C monitor (with USB-C cable) ?
Yes, I can. And it can charge from the monitor through the same type-c cable.

Motherboard
Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
1.99 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
  1. Read "README".
  2. Make sure you download the all folder "HIDPI for Mi Pro".
  3. Install according the instruction found in README file.
View attachment 336628

Please help. I followed the instruction to step by step to t HiDPI and the menu doesn't stay on the screen within terminal for me to select the option. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly. Please help.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Guys, its possible to remap function key (F8) to Mission Control?
Audio control (F1-F3), Brightness (F4-F5), Trackpad (F9) and keys backlit (F9) is work perfectly, but there may be a way to use F7, F8, PrtScn?

Motherboard
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, its possible to remap function key (F8) to Mission Control?
Audio control (F1-F3), Brightness (F4-F5), Trackpad (F9) and keys backlit (F9) is work perfectly, but there may be a way to use F7, F8, PrtScn?

I’m using karabiner to map my keys. You should be able to set also mission control and other stuff.