Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok! Got it working most things works as expected.

Do anyone experience a lag if you enable drag in accessibility? It’s like it takes a half a second extra to register a click on everything.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ (do not use signature).

Hi guys, got problem, in chromium(chrome, vscode and etc eletcron apps) scrolling and apps lagging, in firefox fast scrolling well, and in PHPStorm perfect

Hi guys, got problem, in chromium(chrome, vscode and etc eletcron apps) scrolling and apps lagging, in firefox fast scrolling well, and in PHPStorm perfect
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Hi.
I'm thinking of getting this laptop for myself. I read all the posts but they are too many... So , I would like to ask some questions.

1) Is anyway you can install an internal wifi/bt card compatible with macos ? I read somewhere that you can do this by soldering.
2) Is the fan noise really to loud ?

Hi.
I'm thinking of getting this laptop for myself. I read all the posts but they are too many... So , I would like to ask some questions.

1) Is anyway you can install an internal wifi/bt card compatible with macos ? I read somewhere that you can do this by soldering.
2) Is the fan noise really to loud ?

Yes. there is a guide a few pages back. You should be able to search for it. The fan noise is not louder then it was on linux or Windows for me at least. It actually runs cooler since the Nvidia card is not enabled.
I do not think the trackpad support is good enough yet though! So be prepared for that. the gestures work but not as smoothly as in Windows. Another thing with this laptop is the keyboard. I do not think it is a good one as many of the reviewers say. Try to find someone who owns it and try it out.

Lastly check if there is going to an updated version of this laptop since it's a year old now : )

Good Luck!

trying to add hi-dpi and follow the instructions posted but it's not's working. Anyone have any fix for this.
when I run the command in terminal I can see the 3 options but it exits and I cannot select option 1 which is hi-dpi. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

hello guys,
I was into buying this laptop but after this "guide" things got complicated in my mind.
I do not understand why should I use so many kexts to achieve something close to cpu power management(with issues such as performance vs battery life) instead of the known method "Plugin Type =1" which enables native power management since Skylake systems.
If anyone can clarify why should we use this method and not the "classic" Rehabman it would be great!
Thank you all.

hello guys,
I was into buying this laptop but after this "guide" things got complicated in my mind.
I do not understand why should I use so many kexts to achieve something close to cpu power management(with issues such as performance vs battery life) instead of the known method "Plugin Type =1" which enables native power management since Skylake systems.
If anyone can clarify why should we use this method and not the "classic" Rehabman it would be great!
Thank you all.

You should probably mention what you actually mean by "so many kexts".

hello guys,
Thank you all.

All these kexts is mod of base one.

I think that with "native" (default?) pm you will get more baterry life as it use hwp (speed shift) so it stay lower clock when idle , and increase clock on demand (more steps than old one?), as it is "slower" compared to previously kexts, steve have provided older one for who don't need good baterry life(those that is charging all time)..

The battery life one is a native mod(I think) with even lower idle clock..

Correct me if I'm wrong.. not 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back