Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably mention what you actually mean by "so many kexts".
Thanks for your reply RM,I mean the kexts above
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
HibernationFixup.kext

Thanks for your reply RM,I mean the kexts above
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
HibernationFixup.kext

CPUFriend* is used to modify the data that X86PlatformPlugin uses (instead of patching board-id associated Resources plist)
HibernationFixup.kext is used to enable hibernation (I haven't tested it much, as I don't really want hibernation on my SSD).

Hi guys, I have a question. I'm working on 13.3 on xiaomi mi pro. I bought screen Samsung 34' ultrawide 3440x1440- this is my main screen for my desktop on windows. I connected mi pro via usb type C to this monitor , laptop charging and all 3 USB build in on-screen working well (so i connected usb wifi and unifying receiver for K750 and mx mouse) All working perfect like a docking station connected only through one cable (video,usb wifi, usb mouse keyboard+charging). I got two issues to solve. One is screen getting crazy after I closed my laptop(screen flicker) Second issue is a resolution. As a extended display all working fine (xiaomi got full HD, and Samsung 3440x1440 awesome) but on mirror display I got 2 big black bars on sides (resolution is correct, is sharp) only on 2560x1080 is Fullscreen (looking ok but native resolution definitely more sharp and crisp) I would prefer to work on mirror display on native resolution but I tested all possible settings and no results Any advise for me? THX

Hi,

I am planning on installing internal wi-fi following @OwenLars guide (thanks btw!).

Has anyone tried the broadcom BCM943602 DW1830 chip ? It seems to have the right specs and better speed than the BCM94352Z DW1560 indicated previously. Height seems to be 3mm also.

Also, I have found 20inch (50cm) male to female MHF4 antenna connectors : https://aliexpress.com/item/2-pi-ce...e-MHF-4-femelle-0-81mm-c-ble/32862630916.html

which should allow direct connection from chip to the internal antennas

Hello guys,

Just a message to tell you that I just installed High Sierra on my MI Pro version GTX.

At the moment no problem.
headphones ok, keyboard and backlight ok, Hibernation ok...

GeekBench 4 results : single 4454 / multi : 15920

byebye

Last edited:
Is this laptop reliable for every day use? I was planning on using on for playing live gigs.. anyone had random kernal panics with them?
You will need another ssd(new one come with pm981) and native wifi card if you want stable system... about random kernel panics seem no one reported so far so I think there is no issue about that..

Hi,

I am planning on installing internal wi-fi following @OwenLars guide (thanks btw!).

Has anyone tried the broadcom BCM943602 DW1830 chip ? It seems to have the right specs and better speed than the BCM94352Z DW1560 indicated previously. Height seems to be 3mm also.

Also, I have found 20inch (50cm) male to female MHF4 antenna connectors : https://aliexpress.com/item/2-pi-ce...e-MHF-4-femelle-0-81mm-c-ble/32862630916.html

which should allow direct connection from chip to the internal antennas
Hi! Im using the same antenna cables from aliexpress and they work perfect. About the chip, the only one that worked is the one in the guide. I've bought 3 chips in aliexpress/amazon which seems to be as the guide one, but didn't work! I recommend you to use the on in the guide :)

Hello everybody! I've updated to mojave and everything work ok. But, I've made some geekbench test with 3 CPUFriendDataProvider.kext provided by @Steeeeeeve . With all of them, I get 11.700-11.900 score. With HS, I was getting 16000 or more. How can we fix it? The score now is lower.
I've tried too with smbios 15.2, and 14.1. Nothing worked, les than 12k score all time!!

I’ve seen there is a port what says Wlan lte can’t I just buy a boardcom WiFi Card Plug it in get all drivers in clover and dine ?

Attachments

• A97A78BF-929B-4783-89E8-7B1DB3C1352D.jpeg
    A97A78BF-929B-4783-89E8-7B1DB3C1352D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back