Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1070
Dear guys, I have successfully installed hackintosh following the instructions in this topic and so far my mi notebook pro works nicely. However, there are still a few frustrating problems. If anyone knows, please help me, I'm new to this and also to macOS.
Firstly, the trackpad gestures are great, almost everything works except for the fact that I can't tap or tap using two fingers for right-click menu, I can only click on the left and right of the trackpad like in Windows?
Secondly, if I install any software that mount the drive containing windows, after few seconds the laptop automatically restarts.
Hope to see your responses.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear guys, I have successfully installed hackintosh following the instructions in this topic and so far my mi notebook pro works nicely. However, there are still a few frustrating problems. If anyone knows, please help me, I'm new to this and also to macOS.
Firstly, the trackpad gestures are great, almost everything works except for the fact that I can't tap or tap using two fingers for right-click menu, I can only click on the left and right of the trackpad like in Windows?
Secondly, if I install any software that mount the drive containing windows, after few seconds the laptop automatically restarts.
Hope to see your responses.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Xiaomi Notebook Pro
CPU
i5 8250u
Graphics
UHD 620 - MX150
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone,

a couple of weeks ago I saw an update for High Sierra aimed at the new macbooks pro, allegedly promising some overall improvement and specifically for the touchbar (like I could possibly care about that).

I forgot to turn off the automatic update so my Xiaomi duly downloaded the patch, updated & restarted the system. Everything still works ok, but I noticed the fans are spinning much more often and now the battery drains real fast (went from 92 to 83% while I was typing this post...)

I am using Steeve's latest release with his CPUFriendProvider kext for improved battery time.

Anyone in my same predicament? Got any ideas how to stop the battery from bleeding out like that?

I attached my debug as per general rule

Attachments

• debug_3803.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

a couple of weeks ago I saw an update for High Sierra aimed at the new macbooks pro, allegedly promising some overall improvement and specifically for the touchbar (like I could possibly care about that).

I forgot to turn off the automatic update so my Xiaomi duly downloaded the patch, updated & restarted the system. Everything still works ok, but I noticed the fans are spinning much more often and now the battery drains real fast (went from 92 to 83% while I was typing this post...)

I am using Steeve's latest release with his CPUFriendProvider kext for improved battery time.

Anyone in my same predicament? Got any ideas how to stop the battery from bleeding out like that?

I attached my debug as per general rule

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (ioreg missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Motherboard
Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
if I do not press a key, the keyboard backlight will automatically turn off after 15 seconds. And it turns on after I press any (keyboard) key. I do not know if it should be so, but it's a little annoying. Is it possible for the backlight to turn on permanently on the F10 key?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
if I do not press a key, the keyboard backlight will automatically turn off after 15 seconds. And it turns on after I press any (keyboard) key. I do not know if it should be so, but it's a little annoying. Is it possible for the backlight to turn on permanently on the F10 key?

Is it the same behavior on Windows?

Motherboard
Xiaomi Notebook Pro
CPU
i5 8250u
Graphics
UHD 620 - MX150
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (ioreg missing).

Also, your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the missing information.

Here's a new report, this time should also include the ioreg (must have forgotten to strike F2 last time)

Thanks again for your time

L.

Attachments

• debug_12004.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 130
Motherboard
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro i7
CPU
Intel i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Right now I'm using this Mi Pro i7 with Hackintosh for edit on Final Cut. My projects are becoming really heavy and I want to upgrade my pc. Do you think that I could get any benefits upgrading to an XPS 15 (with Hackintosh) or to a MacBook pro 15 2016?