Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just download the high Sierra again and run it? Will not destroy all the setup I have?
you have two options, wipe and reinstall, or install over the top, the second option will not delete your files, go with that option :)

hello
I made a mistake and delete my bluetooth preference pane , how do I restore it? I see in all the forums of apple that it says boot the Mac into safe mod but it's not a real Mac.
is there a way someone can share with me the file?

thanks
Wait, does the default bluetooth work in your notebook? Or you are using a USB one, right?
The default intel bluetooth does not work for me... I'm using a USB and it has only wifi, no bluetooth.

By the way, could anyone answer question I asked earlier?

Edit: there is the solution:

I don't know why but now my bluetooth dongle its not working any idea?

There is any tutorial to investigate about connected devices and if it have the proper drivers???

Thanks!

Hi everyone, pretty new to all this hackintosh thingy which is why I am ever so grateful to this community for the guides, advice, support, pretty much everything, really. Thanks to the resources on this website I managed to get my High Sierra up and running in (almost) no time on my Xiaomi.

The only thing I am struggling with is the usb wifi dongle. I am in china and got a TP-Wn725n as per several users' suggestion, but I cannot seem to get it to work. The dongle came with a cd driver but I couldn't find any inside for mac os. So I went on the TP-Link website and downloaded all drivers for all versions (1-2-3), then tried them all one after another, but still no luck. The utility installs just fine but it cannot see the dongle, and plugging it in and out didn't do the trick.

Clearly I am missing something, can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the wordy post,

Hi everyone, pretty new to all this hackintosh thingy which is why I am ever so grateful to this community for the guides, advice, support, pretty much everything, really. Thanks to the resources on this website I managed to get my High Sierra up and running in (almost) no time on my Xiaomi.

The only thing I am struggling with is the usb wifi dongle. I am in china and got a TP-Wn725n as per several users' suggestion, but I cannot seem to get it to work. The dongle came with a cd driver but I couldn't find any inside for mac os. So I went on the TP-Link website and downloaded all drivers for all versions (1-2-3), then tried them all one after another, but still no luck. The utility installs just fine but it cannot see the dongle, and plugging it in and out didn't do the trick.

Clearly I am missing something, can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the wordy post,

Hello @sinemora, here is exactly the steps that i follow in order to make it work.
1. Download the drivers from this link - https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201802/20180224/TL-WN725N_V3_180205_Mac.zip
2. Reboot with the dongle connected to the usb
3. TP-Wireless network utility will appear next to the date on the right where you can choose the network that you want to connect.

I hope that will fix your problem.

Hello @sinemora, here is exactly the steps that i follow in order to make it work.
1. Download the drivers from this link - https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201802/20180224/TL-WN725N_V3_180205_Mac.zip
2. Reboot with the dongle connected to the usb
3. TP-Wireless network utility will appear next to the date on the right where you can choose the network that you want to connect.

I hope that will fix your problem.

Thanks Under. It turns out I didn't buy the actual TP-Link but a cheap chinese knockoff, no wonder the drivers didn't work. I found the original but it feels a bit too pricey so I am looking around for other options. I saw an EDIMAX EW-7811Un that *should* work... Does anyone have any firsthand experience with it?

One more thing... I am trying to optimise the touchpad and I am using stevezhengshiqi latest EFI (great work by the way). I've followed the instructions in the readme but I still have a couple of problems, namely:

1. sometimes the touchpad 'lags' and become unresponsive

2. sometimes the 2 finger touch (right click menu) stops working. Usually pressing the touchpad all the way down with two fingers 'unblocks' it, but it's terribly annoying.

Are these two problems somewhat normal and I only need to hope for better kexts or did I mess up with something here and there?

Cheers!

L.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back