Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I got my BCM-card and I once reinstalled again after making sure that I have latest bios installed. After installation I ran PBI-CE 6.2.17 to install. I rebooted, pressed F4 at Clover and reran PBI-CE and re-patched DSDT.

New BT/WiF card works brilliantly, thank you for your suggestion Rehabman :)

I have "garbled graphics" at the top status bar. Also some minor artefacts at mission control icons.
Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 18.50.01.jpg

Sleep, still the same. After sleep screen wakes up for a second, and then gets black just like it has done earlier.

View attachment RehabMan.zip
View attachment JINX.zip
View attachment CLOVER.zip
Code:
jinx:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8274d000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
jinx:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
jinx:RehabMan $

I got my BCM-card and I once reinstalled again after making sure that I have latest bios installed. After installation I ran PBI-CE 6.2.17 to install. I rebooted, pressed F4 at Clover and reran PBI-CE and re-patched DSDT.

New BT/WiF card works brilliantly, thank you for your suggestion Rehabman :)

I have "garbled graphics" at the top status bar. Also some minor artefacts at mission control icons.
View attachment 137291

Sleep, still the same. After sleep screen wakes up for a second, and then gets black just like it has done earlier.

View attachment 137287
View attachment 137288
View attachment 137289
Code:
jinx:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8274d000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
jinx:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
jinx:RehabMan $

Make sure all kexts are installed to /S/L/E. Then repair permissions & rebuild cache. Make sure cache rebuild is error free. Reboot.

Your Clover bootlog still shows kext injection happening.

Make sure all kexts are installed to /S/L/E. Then repair permissions & rebuild cache. Make sure cache rebuild is error free. Reboot.

Your Clover bootlog still shows kext injection happening.
I don't understand where injected kexts are coming. What files should I get rid of? All I have done is a fresh install followed by PBI-CE.

I'm sorry for asking stupid questions like this. :oops:

I don't understand where injected kexts are coming. What files should I get rid of? All I have done is a fresh install followed by PBI-CE.

I'm sorry for asking stupid questions like this. :oops:

Make sure FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E. Make sure kernel cache rebuild works without errors. Kexts should not be injected with FakeSMC.kext in kernel cache and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

You can see the kexts being injected from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 in your Clover bootlog.

Note: I see the same problem on my PBI-CE based 4530s. It may be a bug in Clover with InjectKexts=Detect. I'm building the latest from sources right now. I'll let you know what I find.

Workaround: set InjectKexts=false. When booting the Recovery partition, hit spacebar and choose to inject kexts. Or use custom entries.

Make sure FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E. Make sure kernel cache rebuild works without errors. Kexts should not be injected with FakeSMC.kext in kernel cache and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

You can see the kexts being injected from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 in your Clover bootlog.

Note: I see the same problem on my PBI-CE based 4530s. It may be a bug in Clover with InjectKexts=Detect. I'm building the latest from sources right now. I'll let you know what I find.

Workaround: set InjectKexts=false. When booting the Recovery partition, hit spacebar and choose to inject kexts. Or use custom entries.
Ah... figures it was hard to get rid of those injects. With false-flag I got following results:

Code:
extstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f828f6000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
View attachment 137321
View attachment 137322
View attachment CLOVER.zip

Graphics glitches on top status bar and mission control are gone. However... waking up from sleep is still same as earlier: first screen wakes, then it goes dark after a second.

Ah... figures it was hard to get rid of those injects. With false-flag I got following results:

Code:
extstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f828f6000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
View attachment 137321
View attachment 137322
View attachment 137323

Graphics glitches on top status bar and mission control are gone. However... waking up from sleep is still same as earlier: first screen wakes, then it goes dark after a second.

Your attachments are broken.

Not possible without patching the OS X installer. Which is not allowed per site rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

I didn't need to change anything. The installer ran off the usb in uefi boot mode. From the Yosemite installer I just created a mac os x extended partition on my hard disk (in addition to the existing windows etc. partition), which was at that time still MBR, and installed Yosemite to that new partition.
I could then boot to the installed Yosemite by booting uefi off the usb stick and chosing the new Yosemite installation from the Clover boot menu. Only running the post-installer (Pro Book installer) did not work for all parts / most parts.
After I realised I should really have first migrated the hard disk to GPT and Win7 to UEFI I did that afterwards... with a little help by you and then ran the Probook Installer.

So even though it was the wrong installation order it still worked out ok in the end.
(only very unimportant minor issue: the clover boot menu displays an "8" for Windows "7").

And to make things even better: the Chinese USB 3.0 Express/54 Card (10 €) with a nec chip was recognized by Yosemite without having to do anything - it just worked without any kext or driver installation.
So now I've got usb 3.0 under both Win7 and OS X on the probook 6560b as well - great!

Thanks for your help and all the effort in making this so easy for all of us!

Mymac999

And to make things even better: the Chinese USB 3.0 Express/54 Card (10 €) with a nec chip was recognized by Yosemite without having to do anything - it just worked without any kext or driver installation....

Actually PBI CE has included USB 3.0 patches for you.

Back