Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X full acceleration in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make clover ignore the RX 480 and boot using the Intel HD?
When I boot with Mac I unplug the graphic card from the PCI slot because I just use it for my recording studio, so I don't need it, but is really annoying unplugging the card everytime I want to use MacOs

I am trying the method with my MSI RX 480 4G. I got stuck at the progression bar, right after the screen garbles. Do you mind posting your config.plist in clover just for a reference. Did you inject ATI in order to make this work? Thank you very much.

I am trying the method with my MSI RX 480 4G. I got stuck at the progression bar, right after the screen garbles. Do you mind posting your config.plist in clover just for a reference. Did you inject ATI in order to make this work? Thank you very much.

Sounds like you didn't replug cable to rx 480 card instead of integral. The idea is that you setup BIOS so integrated video should be the main and after that you should plug videocable to 480. Don't forget to setup boot order to automatically load clover and then again automatically load macOS because you will see picture only after macOS will load. After that if all correct you will see black screen when you power on until apple logo or login screen will appear.

And if you need to make changes to bios or boot another OS you have to replug cable to internal graphics but lose picture in macOS which is annoying. I hope it could be fixed by some clever guy one day))

Sounds like you didn't replug cable to rx 480 card instead of integral. The idea is that you setup BIOS so integrated video should be the main and after that you should plug videocable to 480. Don't forget to setup boot order to automatically load clover and then again automatically load macOS because you will see picture only after macOS will load. After that if all correct you will see black screen when you power on until apple logo or login screen will appear.

And if you need to make changes to bios or boot another OS you have to replug cable to internal graphics but lose picture in macOS which is annoying. I hope it could be fixed by some clever guy one day))

I tried without re-unplug and I'm stuck with the same problem, the black screen and doesn't boot to the login (I'm with a XFX RX 480 Reference) but if I don't modify the kext load without acceleration.

Last edited:
anyone got the XFX Radeon RX 480 OC 8GB accelerating working?
I need to upgrade my system to fit 4k 3 streams video edit.
will it work fully?

I do. It is working but it does not show the boot screen like others and does not perform well too. Until MacOS support full RX 480 driver, it won't gonna perform 100%. I can't even play Starcraft 2 easily with RX480.

I do. It is working but it does not show the boot screen like others and does not perform well too. Until MacOS support full RX 480 driver, it won't gonna perform 100%. I can't even play Starcraft 2 easily with RX480.

How? I follow the steps and just get the black screen and doesn't boot to the login

How? I follow the steps and just get the black screen and doesn't boot to the login

You should also add 0X67C01002. Because of MacBook pro lines up, they added more Polaris GPUs.\

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...ro-5-1-running-macos-w-how-to.1984213/page-18
I have an XFX RX 480 4GB (not the reference one) and I can confirm it works. I mean you can get macOS to load but without acceleration. If you set the onboard IGP as primary and follow this guide, acceleration works perfect. No lags, no artifacts and a load of FPS in Uningine Valley Extreme HD :p

@earth.lukas I have exact the same issue as your 2 screenshots, that's when I connect only DP from RX 470 -> DP monitor (no HDMI iGPU). Could you tell more about how many connections do you have and which to which? are you using DP or HDMI, do you need to keep both connections (iGPU and RX)? And what is exact mobo of yours? Gigabyte Z170 or Z170M? D3H version has both. I'm thinking the issue could relate to my mobo, because as soon as I unplug HDMI from mobo (before I press power button), BIOS automatically switch "Display mode" to "Auto" (mine is ASUS H110M-e DDR4). Looking forward to your reply.

@idominikos I'm planning to get that GPU, could you let me know what is your mobo?

Hey, I have followed the guide. I get past clover and I'm stuck at apple progress bar. At about 70% of the progress bar my card makes sound and the screen goes black.

I have reference Ati Sapphire RX 480 8gb and Asus Z170i Gaming Pro on MacOS 10.12.2 Beta. Could you advice me what to do?

And I couldn't find the Initial Display Output in "IGFX" in Boot options (only Primary Display set to Auto, like here)

Hey, I have followed the guide. I get past clover and I'm stuck at apple progress bar. At about 70% of the progress bar my card makes sound and the screen goes black.

I have reference Ati Sapphire RX 480 8gb and Asus Z170i Gaming Pro on MacOS 10.12.2 Beta. Could you advice me what to do?

And I couldn't find the Initial Display Output in "IGFX" in Boot options (only Primary Display set to Auto, like here)

You need to plug in a connector to your mobo in order to enable it. If you have no connector to mobo, you can't see it. My mobo is also an ASUS and thats my case.

Btw, I'm about to order this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3P9CKI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 but there is no DVI, which is strange, so I'm worried if it will work. Can someone advise please? Is is XFX reference model that people has succeeded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back