Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X full acceleration in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an XFX RX 480 4GB (not the reference one) and I can confirm it works. I mean you can get macOS to load but without acceleration. If you set the onboard IGP as primary and follow this guide, acceleration works perfect. No lags, no artifacts and a load of FPS in Uningine Valley Extreme HD :p
Thanks, I'll do it ASAP (I'm with the Sapphire Nitro)

And here are the screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 18.57.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 18.57.56.png
    811.8 KB · Views: 1,544
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 19.05.32.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 19.05.32.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 1,429
I followed the guide, on the first boot It worked flawlessly
But after 15 minutes of using, I had a really weird glitch, I restarted, and this time, I couldn't open Finder or System Settings.
I restarted again and now It doesn't boot, it restarts
(I can't boot into verbose because using another graphic card (Tried gtx 650 and Intel HD) Clover only displays three dots)

Last edited:
Aaaand broken again after Sierra 10.12.2 Public Beta 2 Update.

But you have edited the kext again or use FakeSMC (with patch)?

My platform is X79。 Is it meaning that is impossible to using RX 480 as primary graphic card to boot MAC OS?

any idea whether it works well with a 4k monitor?
I can confirm Saphire Rx 480 8GB works great with 10.12.1
I made all the test I needed to my work.

I can have this system for two years working without upgrading, with the last sofrtware for edition as DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut.

The only issue its the not boot screen if you are conected to 480. I'm sure someone with skills could repare this.

Rx 480 Sapphire Recommended!!!!

( I have 290X, 280X, Gtx 960).

Thanks.

And here are the screenshots.

Hi everybody. I can confirm MSI RX 480 8gb works with this guide. Didn't make benchmarks or test sleep yet but other stuff works well on a first impression. But I got a question - is there a CONVENIENT way to either enter bios or boot to windows from another hdd without "replug-bios-switch graphic interface-switch boot source-replug"? Is there a chance internal igpx would not be necessary? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back