Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] [SUCCESS] MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X full acceleration in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Does anybody work the final cut 10.3, 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 in saw 10.2.3 with rx 480 XFX ??? Is that when I give to new project always shut down the program and gives me the error report. With the final cut 10.2 does not happen, it works correctly but I would like to use the latest update because it is more optimized and I like it more!

I dont know what "force kexts" should be, I've attached my config.plist if this helps you.

//Edit: I just found out that I've added my gfx ID to AMDRadeonX4100 and AMD9500 kexts, maybe that's the problem. Hard to test as it doesnt always appear but I will tell you if that was the problem in few days of testing.

//Edit 2: My gfx stops working when I remove the ID from AMD9500, so i added again. Also added the Dayman framebuffer, maybe that helps

btw: i still have this problem with the black screen after almost each match of league of legends. even after update to 10.12.3 and enabling all cores of my rx 480. do you have another idea?

Found out my game crashes have to do with the resolution in game. As I have a 4k monitor and the game doesnt really support 4k, i am using a 1920x1080 resolution. Switching the game to 4k resolution (even though UI is way too small) fixes the crashes. On my real mac this problem doesn't exist, so must be something with hackintosh. But i have no idea.

Holy bejesus, it worked with my Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 8GB.

It sucks tho that I have to replug to igpu and switch it off if I want to boot my Windows 10 to play some games.

Holy bejesus, it worked with my Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 8GB.

It sucks tho that I have to replug to igpu and switch it off if I want to boot my Windows 10 to play some games.

I have a work-around I use for r9 390.

I created two config.plist files one for OSX primary boot and another one for WIN10 primary boot.

I manually replace the config.plist file in clover for the WIN10 primary boot config file if I have to switch then restart.

When I want to switch back, I created a script (*.bat) in Windows that mounts the EFI folder then switched the config.plist for the OSX primary boot.

Hope this works for you.

BTW, is RX 480 faster in brucex final cut pro compared to the r9 390? Still debating if worth minor advantage of rx 480.

Hey all. I know that the ASUS varieties of RX 480 give trouble, but has anyone gotten them to work with OS X? I have the ASUS-DUAL model. The white one.

I have the same version has anyone got it to work?

I have the same version has anyone got it to work?

First try using clover boot screen menu, hit the right arrow on keyboard until you get to options.
Open options and go to graphics settings, enter ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002. If you have a EFI Backup folder on main partition check the config.plist using Xcode or clover configurator by dragging the plist to desktop and then opening with either of those. Check to see that thenfake I'd numbers are either zero or edit them with 0x67EF1002 do not use EDID, or inject ATI, just set the fake ID first. If it doesn't work try the same and inject ATI.

If that doesn't work there is a info.plist edit that is another option which requires editing the info.plist in the AMD4100kext in System/Library/Extensions. Right click on the 4100kext and choose "show package contents", drag the info.plist to desktop and open using Xcode go to IOKitpersonalities and open. Behind or after the 0x67EF1002 leave a single space and then enter 0x67DF1002. Hit save, close XCode and then drag the info.plist from desktop back to the contents folder. You should get "authenticate" and "replace" prompts. Then a password.

You're not done yet, don't reboot, now you need to run kextwizzard, not kextbeast it won't work, and select System/Library. Reboot and see if you have acceleration which you should know during boot if your fans rev up. Go to about this Mac and check for metal support.

First try using clover boot screen menu, hit the right arrow on keyboard until you get to options.
Open options and go to graphics settings, enter ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002. If you have a EFI Backup folder on main partition check the config.plist using Xcode or clover configurator by dragging the plist to desktop and then opening with either of those. Check to see that thenfake I'd numbers are either zero or edit them with 0x67EF1002 do not use EDID, or inject ATI, just set the fake ID first. If it doesn't work try the same and inject ATI.

If that doesn't work there is a info.plist edit that is another option which requires editing the info.plist in the AMD4100kext in System/Library/Extensions. Right click on the 4100kext and choose "show package contents", drag the info.plist to desktop and open using Xcode go to IOKitpersonalities and open. Behind or after the 0x67EF1002 leave a single space and then enter 0x67DF1002. Hit save, close XCode and then drag the info.plist from desktop back to the contents folder. You should get "authenticate" and "replace" prompts. Then a password.

You're not done yet, don't reboot, now you need to run kextwizzard, not kextbeast it won't work, and select System/Library. Reboot and see if you have acceleration which you should know during boot if your fans rev up. Go to about this Mac and check for metal support.

thanks for so much of this info, there's a small problem though when i go into my Bios as the OP mentioned there is no peripherals section or any other option to set my iGFX as primary. its a MSI z68 Sandy Bridge board and the CPU is a i7 2600K, any ideas?

thanks for so much of this info, there's a small problem though when i go into my Bios as the OP mentioned there is no peripherals section or any other option to set my iGFX as primary. its a MSI z68 Sandy Bridge board and the CPU is a i7 2600K, any ideas?

Do you have hd 3000 graphics? Do they work without the gtx card installed?

I dont have a GTX card i have the RX 480 and yes the Intel 3000 but i have'nt tried.

Hey do you think maybe i could add you on skype? i'm installing macos right now and i could use some help if something comes up. pls pm me ur id or my id is: enc_mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back