Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems/comments:
- bluetooth is on HS07
- Chrome is hooking your USB ports, causes problems for BrcmPatchRAM on wake from sleep (read related topic in FAQ)
- you have mixed FakePCIID kexts (not sure if your intention is to use FakePCIID_XHCIMux, but if it is, it is not loading).
- BrcmPatchRAM is for 10.10 and older (BrcmPatchRAM2.kext is required for 10.11+)
- BrcmPatchRAM and BrcmPatchRAM2 require BrcmFirmwareRepo. BrcmFirmwareRepo is not installed.
- looks like a patched USBInjectAll.kext is installed. Not recommended. Use SSDT to configure it instead. The changes you made to it are incorrect anyway (wrong UsbConnector values). Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

So I've had a look and I have managed to install all the Brcm by accident, so have removed them and am left with BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM 2 in S/L/E

Not quite sure how i've got mixed fakePCIID's- looks like ive got them in both SLE and clover so will remove the ones from SLE

The inject all kext was downloaded but not patched by me, I Shall create a custom SSDT to fix this- then do I remove the kext?

Other comments (not related to bluetooth):
- CPU PM is not implemented
- IGPU PM is not implemented
- Ethernet kext not installed (NullEthernet probably not needed)
- ACPI not patched correctly
- EFI/Clover attached does not correlate to the ioreg attached earlier

THE CPU and IGPU PM is that created by an SSTD?

ACPI- is that the DSDT? I have patched it but every time I load it I get an error, I have searched google on how to fix but no luck, so I just deleted the two lines

The error is

64, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
and
65, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

My WiFi suddenly turned off and won't turn back on. Pic related. Pressing turn wifi on does nothing pic related. I can't think of anything that could have caused this. Perhaps it's this made in china Broadcom WiFi card BCM94352Z just crapping out after a few days of use... I'm no good at reading the IOreg...
EDIT: Only new thing I've done is use the computer with an external monitor. But it worked fine during, when I got home last night from work the WiFi was not operational. Seems unlikely the external monitor + keyboard could be related...
Things I've tried:
1. Restarting
2. Deleting WiFi Device then adding a new, then restarting.
3. Cutting power to the card via terminal command then giving back.

Nothing seems to work. I've inserted a usb wifi dongle to use the web in the meantime. Performance is less than ideal.

There's another and (probably) unrelated issues I haven't figured out for my laptop. I can't get get the trackpad to be recognized in system preferences. It works. It's just slow and I'd like to turn up the speed. Two finger gestures work. In system preferences->trackpad it says no trackpad detected. The PCIe card's WiFi capabilities is a far more pressing issue though. I've attached all relevant "problem reporting" files. Thanks for taking the time to review my case.

One other issue is it seems no matter what I do, even when I change the modifier keys I can't switch the command key to control. It just stay on alt on my keyboard...quite annoying...

Here's the output for touch and kext cache on S/L/E/. The IOreg file is in the @RehabMan zip.

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

KernelCache ID: 90722E04CB3F5E06EEE7C27D6C6CCAE8

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 92
  • RehabMan.zip
    665.5 KB · Views: 72
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 118
My WiFi suddenly turned off and won't turn back on. Pic related. Pressing turn wifi on does nothing pic related. I can't think of anything that could have caused this. Perhaps it's this made in china Broadcom WiFi card BCM94352Z just crapping out after a few days of use... I'm no good at reading the IOreg...
EDIT: Only new thing I've done is use the computer with an external monitor. But it worked fine during, when I got home last night from work the WiFi was not operational. Seems unlikely the external monitor + keyboard could be related...
Things I've tried:
1. Restarting
2. Deleting WiFi Device then adding a new, then restarting.
3. Cutting power to the card via terminal command then giving back.

Nothing seems to work. I've inserted a usb wifi dongle to use the web in the meantime. Performance is less than ideal.

There's another and (probably) unrelated issues I haven't figured out for my laptop. I can't get get the trackpad to be recognized in system preferences. It works. It's just slow and I'd like to turn up the speed. Two finger gestures work. In system preferences->trackpad it says no trackpad detected. The PCIe card's WiFi capabilities is a far more pressing issue though. I've attached all relevant "problem reporting" files. Thanks for taking the time to review my case.

One other issue is it seems no matter what I do, even when I change the modifier keys I can't switch the command key to control. It just stay on alt on my keyboard...quite annoying...

Here's the output for touch and kext cache on S/L/E/. The IOreg file is in the @RehabMan zip.

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

KernelCache ID: 90722E04CB3F5E06EEE7C27D6C6CCAE8

ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

And all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
You have a mishmash of some in EFI (injected), some duplicate (some injected and installed), and others just installed.
All kexts you need should be installed.
And only "essential" kexts should be placed in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Read post #2 of the guide for a full discussion:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I already patched the DSDT. Is the ACPI a different patching process? This patching seems to be the most difficult part of the process.

I already patched the DSDT. Is the ACPI a different patching process? This patching seems to be the most difficult part of the process.

DSDT is part of ACPI.
Your DSDT is not patched correctly. For example, no evidence of any "OS Check Fix" patch being applied (one of the more important ones).

DSDT is part of ACPI.
Your DSDT is not patched correctly. For example, no evidence of any "OS Check Fix" patch being applied (one of the more important ones).
ARGHGHGHGHGHG!!! wish I could pay someone to do this for me. Ok I'll reread the guide and try again... Is this actually the cause of the failed WiFi or your just pointing this out as an aside...?

Oh I do remember I added a service to be able to open a terminal with a shortcut following these instructions a few hours before wifi failure. That wouldn't cause this, would it?
Launch Automator. Create a document of type “Service”. In the document, add a “Run AppleScript” action. Here's the AppleScript to paste into the action:

on run {input, parameters}
tell application "Terminal"
if it is running then
do shell script ""
end if
activate
end tell
end run

Set the “Service receives” popup to “no input”. It should look like this overall:

Save the document with the name “New Terminal”. Then go to the Automator menu (or the app menu in any running application) and open the Services submenu. You should now see the “New Terminal” service:

If you click it, Terminal should open a new window.

To assign a keyboard shortcut to it, choose the “Services Preferences…” item from that menu. (Or launch System Preferences, choose the Keyboard pane, then choose the Shortcuts tab, then choose Services from the left-hand list.) Scroll to the bottom of the right-hand list and find the New Terminal service. Click the right end of the New Terminal row and press your preferred keyboard shortcut:

Now you should be able to press your keyboard shortcut in most circumstances to get a new terminal window.

Edit: The patch of yours I applied was just for the battery.

Looking at the ACPI guide. Does the success or failure of my install really rely on those steps? I have to say, I have no confidence going through SSDT files and determining which are necessary. I have even less confidence add code to these files to fix unspecified problems. To get a functioning laptop do I really have to be able to do these tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back