Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok since I have neither the skill nor the stamina to determine and modify SSDT code, I'm just using maciasl to patch using your repository and recommended patches. One note. I only see OS fix for windows vista, 7 and 8. I have no understanding of what I'm doing or why so I'm not sure how to select the proper patches. You wrote the os fix doesn't have to do with my OS but then how do I choose which one(s) to install lol. there are three of them.

Last edited:
Ok I patched the DSDT please examine. WiFi still not working... I moved all kexts to S/L/E (except for Voodoo and Fake). The DSDT compiles without error (it did before I added the patches you list in the guide as well). The WiFi was working fine. Why would it just stop?

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f833c7000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleHDADisabler.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: 9DD823335CAB0AF2A797BE4B5AE7297F

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    657.1 KB · Views: 86
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 91
Ok I patched the DSDT please examine. WiFi still not working... I moved all kexts to S/L/E (except for Voodoo and Fake). The DSDT compiles without error (it did before I added the patches you list in the guide as well). The WiFi was working fine. Why would it just stop?

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f833c7000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Zacharys-MacBook-Air:~ zach$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleHDADisabler.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: 9DD823335CAB0AF2A797BE4B5AE7297F

Looks like you patched for Win8 ("Windows 2012")...
Try patching with "OS Check Fix (Windows 7)" instead.

Also, if your laptop has a button to control WiFi power, you may need to press it. Keep in mind macOS knows nothing of the button, so be patient after pressing it.

Looks like you patched for Win8 ("Windows 2012")...
Try patching with "OS Check Fix (Windows 7)" instead.

Also, if your laptop has a button to control WiFi power, you may need to press it. Keep in mind macOS knows nothing of the button, so be patient after pressing it.
I have no such button. I opened the dsdt in maciasl and patched windows 7. I don't know If that's the same thing as "instead"(should I have unpatched windows 8 first? In any case The WiFi does not work after restart...

I have no such button. I opened the dsdt in maciasl and patched windows 7. I don't know If that's the same thing as "instead"(should I have unpatched windows 8 first? In any case The WiFi does not work after restart...

You have to remove the patch you applied for Windows 8 in order to test Windows 7.

I asked about the WiFi button because your DSDT has a Device named WLBT, which seems to have something to do with a WiFi "button" or "wireless lan/bluetooth"...

Note, _Q15 method:
Code:
            Method (_Q15, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
            {
                Store ("!!! Wireless Button pressed !!!", Debug)
                If (LGreaterEqual (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                {
                    Notify (WLBT, 0x80)
                }

You have to remove the patch you applied for Windows 8 in order to test Windows 7.

I asked about the WiFi button because your DSDT has a Device named WLBT, which seems to have something to do with a WiFi "button" or "wireless lan/bluetooth"...

Note, _Q15 method:
Code:
            Method (_Q15, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
            {
                Store ("!!! Wireless Button pressed !!!", Debug)
                If (LGreaterEqual (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                {
                    Notify (WLBT, 0x80)
                }
How do I remove a patch (e.g. windows 8 patch)? There's no button. Could it have something to do with the usb dongle wifi adapter I have plugged into my computer now? There is a windows button. I think it just brings up the start menu in windows or something. or switches between tablet and laptop mode. In any case pressing it seems to not be having an effect.

Do I just delte these few lines of code from my DSDT?

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2012")))
{
Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
}

Do I just delte these few lines of code from my DSDT?

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2012")))
{
Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
}

Re-patch from native.

Re-patch from native.
by "native" are you referring to the original DSDT file in "origin"? I tried compiling that file but now it has errors I didn't see the first time I patched... Do we really think this windows 7 patch will fix an issue where wifi was operating perfectly. Nothing happened (epsilon/gamma) now it doesn't work? The two items seem unrelated?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.29.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.29.15 PM.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSDT.aml
    178.4 KB · Views: 119
Oh cool, from "patching" my DSDT with the recommended patches which "don't usually cause any problems" my sound is broken now as well. I think that's the end of this hackintosh experiment... back to windows it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back