Contribute
Register

[Guide] Razer Blade 15 (2018) Detailed Install Guide High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208-17G5019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@YesImEnder

Opencore is more modern and more stable, but you can just as well hide the verbose output on clover ;)

@sirtailios

@YesImEnder has the mercury version which means it's the 2018 advanced. That one has a different track pad to the 2018 base and 2019 models. Just use the stonevil guide or the hotpatches I posted. If you go with the hotpatches you can reuse those later on opencore. I can link my opencore config as well. I don't have the same model as you do but it's much closer. The battery patch might be different for example.

I was just wondering, I wanted to run Xcode, and I was told I need Catalina to do that. Anyway regardless of whether that is true, is it possible to use this guide to run Catalina?
I saw this too. But I have a free Dev account through Apple (think anyone can sign up) and downloaded an older version from the portal.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well :) I managed to get Catalina installed on my Razer Blade 15 2019 Base model. A lot of things are working including the touchpad but I cannot seem to get the audio to work. Could somebody who has managed to get Catalina onto their laptop please share their EFI folder? Thank you :)

This might be a dumb question, but should my bootdrive/library/extensions be the same as my clover/kexts? And should both config.plist bet he same as well?
What do you mean "both config.plist" there should only be one and it should live in the Clover Folder in the EFI drive.

Once you're fully up and running, all Kexts should be in /Library/Extensions, no Kexts should be in the clover/kexts folder once everything is installed.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well :) I managed to get Catalina installed on my Razer Blade 15 2019 Base model. A lot of things are working including the touchpad but I cannot seem to get the audio to work. Could somebody who has managed to get Catalina onto their laptop please share their EFI folder? Thank you :)
Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

What do you mean "both config.plist" there should only be one and it should live in the Clover Folder in the EFI drive.

Once you're fully up and running, all Kexts should be in /Library/Extensions, no Kexts should be in the clover/kexts folder once everything is installed.

I thought I messed up something haha, I'll be sure to remove those other kexts then.

Side note, I decided to do a clean install again and it seems to be a little more stable. Still don't have working audio and trackpad though.

I thought I messed up something haha, I'll be sure to remove those other kexts then.

Side note, I decided to do a clean install again and it seems to be a little more stable. Still don't have working audio and trackpad though.
Upload Problem Reporting files so we can help you identify the issue

Not to sound like an even bigger idiot, but how do I do that?

Get gen_debug from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Honestly I would put kexts into the clover folder and not /L/E or /S/L/E. If you install your kexts into the system volume, you won't be able to update the os later. The "Install macOS" partition that will be created during an update can't be booted without kexts in clover. Also can't/shouldn't do that on Catalina and Opencore as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back