Contribute
Register

[Guide] [OpenCore] Dell Inspiron 17 5767 (i7-7500u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you upload your efi folder so I can check it please?
I incuded my EFI folder, I hope it helps. I didn't modify anything else from what you mentioned in the guide (except AirportBrcmFixup which I added because when I recreated the installer I got a kernel panic on boot because of that and adding it fixed the issue. Weird, on the first try I didn't encounter this problem, even though I did the same setup for both of the installers.) And thanks again for your help! :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 227
I incuded my EFI folder, I hope it helps. I didn't modify anything else from what you mentioned in the guide (except AirportBrcmFixup which I added because when I recreated the installer I got a kernel panic on boot because of that and adding it fixed the issue. Weird, on the first try I didn't encounter this problem, even though I did the same setup for both of the installers.) And thanks again for your help! :)
Try disabling itlwm.kext in config plist <key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

Same error
So let it disabled anyway and add the following in boot-args
-wegnoegpu
Remember to shutdown the laptop when you change boot-args or use reset nvram option to reset nvram otherwise it will not take effect

So let it disabled anyway and add the following in boot-args
-wegnoegpu
Remember to shutdown the laptop when you change boot-args or use reset nvram option to reset nvram otherwise it will not take effect
I tried it before, hasn't worked and still doesn't work. And yes, I used reset nvram.

I tried it before, hasn't worked and still doesn't work. And yes, I used reset nvram.
Have you followed this guide to setup Brcm kext for WiFi and Bluetooth?
Also make sure to use last config.plist in my repo (with your edits for brcm of course)

It's working! I changed to the intel wifi card and I could successfully install macOS. However, the trackpad driver sometimes just doesn't work, I will have to work on that. Thank you for your help! :clap:

It's working! I changed to the intel wifi card and I could successfully install macOS. However, the trackpad driver sometimes just doesn't work, I will have to work on that. Thank you for your help! :clap:
Happy to hear this:clap:
Regarding trackpad what issues have you faced?

Great!
Have you managed to get hibernation working with HibernationFixup?

Great!
Have you managed to get hibernation working with HibernationFixup?
Theorically yes with hibernationmode 3 I've tried also with 21 but it takes long time to wake up from hibernation state since 21 mode save state to sleepimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back