Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created the EFI partition using the exact procedure here but my system won't boot.

You need to replace the USB patch with the following. This snipped is correctly inside the HDD EFI folder, but not in the USB EFI folder.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>

You need to replace the USB patch with the following. This snipped is correctly inside the HDD EFI folder, but not in the USB EFI folder.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>
Thanks for finding this! I've been trying to follow this guide for some time and its been driving me bananas. I made this change to the config file and it seems to be working.

I've also noticed, when I first launch disk utility, my NVME drive does not show up. But, if i quit Disk Utility and go back into it, my drive shows up, I can format it and can then proceed with the installation. Sort of weird.

Installing on my second hackintosh now. Have 4 more left!

The technology that incorporates the new MacBook with its USB-c ports, is the technology of the future,
but not of the present.For this reason, we users must use different accessories, to cover the lack of ports that our Mac have.

Hello,

on the part

"Copy USB EFI Folder files into USB Drive’s EFI Partition. It will look Like This."

I dont have that plist file, how can I generate that file?

on this part also

"After the completion, you have to mount the EFI partition of the USB Drive for that use clover configurator and Mount EFI partition of the USB Drive.
"

I just run clover configuration and just mount partition? is that it?

Hey guys I followed the steps and after I choose “boot OSX install for High Sierra “ I get this version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform. Reason : Mac-F42c88c8

Hey guys I followed the steps and after I choose “boot OSX install for High Sierra “ I get this version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform. Reason : Mac-F42c88c8
Mac-F42c88c8 is a MacPro3,1 which fails to meet the minimum requirements for High Sierra.
Suggest change to iMac14,2.

Mac-F42c88c8 is a MacPro3,1 which fails to meet the minimum requirements for High Sierra.
Suggest change to iMac14,2.
Thank you for your reply . I am new to this how do I change it ?

I am new to this how do I change it ?
Follow the guide in Post #1.
The USB EFI Folder in Files To Download contains an iMac14,2 config.plist

Follow the guide in Post #1.
The USB EFI Folder in Files To Download contains an iMac14,2 config.plist
OK changed it to 14.2 and now it gets to " ++++++++++++++++++++++++" and resets:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back